• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need to upgrade hardware?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe Premiere CC2018 on my custom PC has been really buggy for me lately.  It crashes often, it's very laggy, sometimes it has a hard time even starting to play normal clips.  I'm working with some 60 fps footage, and some 4k footage.  Do I need to upgrade my hardware?  Here's what I'm working with:

Windows 10 home edition

64 bit operating systen, x64 based processor

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k cpu @3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Ram: 16 gb DDR3, 1600 MHz, 2 of 4 slots used, DIMM form factor, 47.1 mb hardware reserved

Hard drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Motherboard: P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt

I have CUDA turned on.

[Moderator note: moved to best forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Yes, you will need to upgrade everything except the GPU in order to comfortably handle 4k directly. Alternatively, you can try the lower-resolution proxy workflow.

By the way, that GTX 1080 is a mismatch to the i7-3770K. In fact, the CPU is too weak for the GPU. This can cause render errors whenever GPU acceleration is used because the CPU cannot keep up with the GPU. And you expected the overqualified GPU to compensate for the weaker CPU, which doesn't work that way at all. Remember, no upgraded

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you will need to upgrade everything except the GPU in order to comfortably handle 4k directly. Alternatively, you can try the lower-resolution proxy workflow.

By the way, that GTX 1080 is a mismatch to the i7-3770K. In fact, the CPU is too weak for the GPU. This can cause render errors whenever GPU acceleration is used because the CPU cannot keep up with the GPU. And you expected the overqualified GPU to compensate for the weaker CPU, which doesn't work that way at all. Remember, no upgraded GPU can ever compensate for a weakling CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines