• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR

Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started experimenting with a HDR workflow and I am looking for advice on which hardware to use for the main video output. I would like to monitor UHD 50P in HDR via HDMI and I wonder if anybody has any experience with BMD or AJA output cards. BMD might be preferable as I sometime use Resolve ( and they are cheaper!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ordered the Ultra Studio but I forgot to order the cable. I should have the cable soon to do a full review. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the 4K version and are you on a Mac? I'm on Windows 11 with one of the few motherboards (at the time I bought it) that have Thunderbolt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ultra Studio is 1920 X 1080.  You can output 4K sequences to professional A/V monitors that are 1920 X 1080 to test for color accuracy. If your computer supports Thunderbolt 3 you should be OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have asked this first. Are you looking to buy products from AJA and Blackmagic Design so you can monitor your editing on high-end professional A/V monitors? If you want to edit HDR video using your computer monitor you do not need the products from AJA and Blackmagic Design as seen in the video below. That being said there are valid reasons to use 3rd party hardware as mentioed in the video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I monitor 4k on my LG oled tv using a BM Decklink 4K but this does not do HDR. I intend on buying the new LG C2 when it comes out and need a way to feed it from Transmit. There are several options from BM that will do 4k HDR but most are only 30p max I prefer working at 50p for more fluid motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Decklink supports REC 601 and REC 709 while my Ultra Studio Monitor 3G supports REC 2020 but only at 1080P. The Ultra Studio 4K Mini is your best bet but it is not cheap. The REC 2020 should be more important than 60P for color correction. That being said it does support 4K at 60P

HDMI Color Space

REC 601, REC 709 and REC 2020

HDR Support

HDR static metadata packing, HLG and PQ transfer characteristics.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/ultrastudio/techspecs/W-DLUS-11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now edit for enjoyment (and answering forum questions) and I very rarely watch a final export more than a couple of times so the full quality while editing is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like using my Intensity Shuttle but my Thunderbolt 3 cable for the Ultra Studio Monitor 3G should be here soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The UltraStudio Monitor 3G seems to be working OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines