• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many cores will Adobe Premiere/After Effects utilize?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to purchase the new iMac Pro but don't know how many cores I need. At the moment, I am planning to go with 10-core, 64GB RAM, Vega 64.

Anyone have an idea as to how much power will be utilized for playback/rendering?

Thank you!

[Moderator note: moved to best forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro will take all the cores you can throw at it but After Effects is not multithreaded and it wants the fastest Turbo speed core

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, After Effects is not well multithreaded. If it were only single-threaded, it would imply that the dual-core Pentium G4560 is virtually equal to an i5-7400 in AE performance when in actuality it's clearly not. It turned out that After Effects will effectively use up to four cores during the rendering process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So that Puget Systems i7-8700K 6-core suggestion for AE is pretty valuable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines