• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I7 6950/1080 or i9 9900k/2080ti

Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm wondering if I should get a better CPU and lesser GPU or a better GPU and lesser cpu.

More specifically the i7 6950x has 10 cores and is about $1,700 and a 1080ti video card for about $500. For around the same price I can get an I-9 9900k and a 2080ti. Which scenario do you think would be better for editing with Adobe premiere and rendering and maybe even after effects? and if you do have a suggestion I would love your explanation so I could be educated by your perspective.

The i9 has the best thread performance but I keep hearing that Adobe premiere does great with 10 cores. I want to have as few bottlenecks as possible in rendering and scrubbing and adding effects and previewing full res. In either case I assume I'll get 64 gigs of RAM and use m.2.

I'm also getting into doing some gigapixel 360 panorama tours using a totally different software suite and I like to use Adobe Photoshop and illustrator and would like to be more creative with the other programs Adobe offers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?