• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign+Photoshop+Illustrator (+Unreal Engin) on Windows notebook - what GPUs are 2022 compatible?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I opened similar thread almost two years ago (in April 2020). In the meantime my account has been deleted and I am being listed there as a "Gast" ("guest"). I have re-registered myself under a different name ("Marek5FB8") and I am still interested in the topic posted there.

Since April 2020 ma daughter has studied Design at one of the universities and has been working on a hardware/software platform commonly used there.

We need to reconsider now a purchase of a Windows based notebook in the next weeks, so I would be grateful for your support in selecting the reasonable setup.

My daughter develops projects using InDesign, Ilustrator and Photoshop from Adobe (only these three applications) and in addition with "unreal engine" (from EpicGames). So far we have found the following requirements concerning CPU and GPU for these applications:

1. InDesing does not support GPU - is it so?

2. Illustrator supports GPU, the list of compatible cards supporting "new Windows GPU Performance features in Illustrator" is available, but does not contain older GC, like for example the GTX 16xx series - are they still compatible, or obscolete?

3. Photoshop specs refer to "GPU with DirectX 12" only, but a current (updated?) list of compatible cards is hard to find. According to answers in my original thread Photoshop may be "picky" concernig GPU compatibility (?)

4. Unreal Engine does not need GPU for compiling, but uses multithreading (up to 128 threads), so a good CPU (8/16 C/T or better) would be more beneficial than a GPU

Now back to the point and to my original (2020) question:

Given the requirements listed above - what would be now (as of 2022) the recommended, reasonable low end / low cost GPU solution for a compatible Windows notebook (in principle with respect to Ai, Ps and UE)?

Thank you very much in advance for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?