• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this configurations good enough for Light editing in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello as title says all, i am going to purchsae a new Laptop to do Editing in Prmiere my editing is like i do mostly Cinematic videos using Slowmotion with Optical flow, transitions and luts

BRAND Hp Pavilion
GENERATION 08th Generation
PROCESSOR TYPE 8th Generation Core i5-8250u QuadCore Processor (4 Cores - 8 Threads)
PROCESSOR SPEED 1.6 GHz Turbo Boost 3.4 (6 MB Cache)
INSTALLED RAM 8GB DDR4
HARD DRIVE SIZE 1 TeraByte HDD 5400 rpm SATA
TYPE OF MEMORY CARDS 1 multi-format SD media card reader
DEDICATED GRAPHICS No
GRAPHICS MEMORY Intel UHD 620 Shared
ASPECT RATIO 16:9
SCREEN RESOLUTION 1366x768
TOUCHSCREEN Yes

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

In short, no.

For Premiere Pro you want a fast CPU, 3.0 GHz or faster, more RAM and no 5400 rpm hard drive and a dedicated graphic cards will do wonders if you work with LUT´s. Today you want an SSD disk, or two. The minimun screen resolution required are 1280x800 and you will have problems with 1366x768.

Here are the System requirements for Premiere Pro. That´s a good starting point to see what the minimum specifications and the recommended specifications are. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

I hate to say it, but Averdahl is most likely right. I often see people say "is this powerful enough for Premiere?" and I usually respond with "well, it depends on the complexity of your projects." But the specs youve listed are VERY low for an application like Premiere. I mean, will it RUN Premiere? Yes, but itll likely run preettttttty awfully. To expand on what Averdahl was saying:

At least an i7 not an i5

Dedicated GPU by  NVIDIA or AMD, not just an integrated one by Intel

SSD instead of an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, no.

For Premiere Pro you want a fast CPU, 3.0 GHz or faster, more RAM and no 5400 rpm hard drive and a dedicated graphic cards will do wonders if you work with LUT´s. Today you want an SSD disk, or two. The minimun screen resolution required are 1280x800 and you will have problems with 1366x768.

Here are the System requirements for Premiere Pro. That´s a good starting point to see what the minimum specifications and the recommended specifications are. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, but Averdahl is most likely right. I often see people say "is this powerful enough for Premiere?" and I usually respond with "well, it depends on the complexity of your projects." But the specs youve listed are VERY low for an application like Premiere. I mean, will it RUN Premiere? Yes, but itll likely run preettttttty awfully. To expand on what Averdahl was saying:

At least an i7 not an i5

Dedicated GPU by  NVIDIA or AMD, not just an integrated one by Intel

SSD instead of an HDD, but if you MUST go HDD, make sure it's 7200 RPM and not 5400, which is  the worst slowest type of consumer drive in existance. 

16GB of RAM is STRONGLY recommended on any computer you buy in 2019 nowadays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've detailed my editing style that i mostly do/edits in my projects and how the specs are low as Adobe Recommends Intel 6thgen or later and it is 8thgen with 1.6 - 3.4Turbo boost. Unfortunately that laptop doesn't comes with Dedicated GPU but can i not work in Intel UHD 620? and i can Upgrade the Ram or SSD but 8GB is enough for me as i don't do multi tasking while i do editing in premiere 

Thanks for best replies, jasontcox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can Upgrade the Ram or SSD but 8GB is enough for me

That really won't help.

As said, the processor is weak. 8 GB RAM may let it install and it may run, but it will be a frustrating editing experience.

It would be better to save up a few more dollars and get a more suitable computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aight thanks, but its 8th gen right its weak because its U not K/H/HQ right? btw Can you recommends me any good machines that comes that could be in a $600 budget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Peru Bob stated, you will need to spend significantly more than that: Every single laptop that costs less than $1,000 USD make do with a weakling (by current standards) U-series quad-core CPU, or (worse) CPUs that have only two physical cores and/or based on the Atom architecture (which is much less powerful than the Core architecture). What's more, cheaper laptops cannot accommodate more than a single internal disk - the disk where the operating system and preinstalled programs are preinstalled onto.

As a result of all that, you will need to up your laptop budget to at least $1,000 USD just to get a configuration with the minimum recommended specs (as tested by pros) - and then, you will need to budget additional funds for external USB 3,x or Thunderbolt 3 drives (preferably SSDs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you recommends me any good machines that comes that could be in a $600 budget

Unfortunarely no, not at that price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines