Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop for After Effects and Blender

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting into after effects and blender and I want to purchase a windows laptop for the same( not a desktop because of travelling requirements)

Now, since I am begining any system with good configuration would help me learn and would be able to handle the basic animations one learn at the start... but what I am looking for it is that the system lasts me atleast 3 years by when I will be able to do compex stuff.... I need help to choose the laptop that would be good for complex advanced animation and 3D

here are my choices:

https://www.hp.com/in-en/shop/omen-by-hp-laptop-17-ck1022tx-6j0w2pa.html?facetref=aa6e25d1f12e795f

https://rog.asus.com/in/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-scar-15-2022-series/spec/

(1st one from left 3070 ti)

Hp one is i7 and Asus is i9 ( I'd prefer i9 but I am just a little skeptical of Asus's longevity)... which brand is more better in terms of reliability heating issues and speed? which will last longer and handle complex work?

Also, if any other laptop anyone want to recommend from HP or Asus, even higher price will also do... looking for a long term investement.... Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

advance animation and 3D might sound vague since I haven't specified  what kind of work but something on the lines of short film animation, kinetic motion design , 3D animation creating 3D character designs and animating them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This previous discussion may have some ideas that will help

Best laptop to buy in 2023 - Adobe Support Community - 13688862

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting into after effects and blender and I want to purchase a windows laptop for the same( not a desktop because of travelling requirements)

Now, since I am begining any system with good configuration would help me learn and would be able to handle the basic animations one learn at the start... but what I am looking for it is that the system lasts me atleast 3 years by when I will be able to do compex stuff.... I need help to choose the laptop that would be good for complex advanced animation and 3D

here are my choices:

https://www.hp.com/in-en/shop/omen-by-hp-laptop-17-ck1022tx-6j0w2pa.html?facetref=aa6e25d1f12e795f

https://rog.asus.com/in/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-scar-15-2022-series/spec/

(1st one from left 3070 ti)

Hp one is i7 and Asus is i9 ( I'd prefer i9 but I am just a little skeptical of Asus's longevity)... which brand is more better in terms of reliability heating issues and speed? which will last longer and handle complex work?

Also, if any other laptop anyone want to recommend from HP or Asus, even higher price will also do... looking for a long term investement.... Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-laptops-for-video-editing

These are the reccos from the forum.... but I don't see HP OMEN 

Is it not a good laptop to invest in? and also asus zenbook pro is there but not rog strix which has the similar configuration is there any issue with rog strix series?
Comparing HP and Asus which is better in terms of longevity and heating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Messages merged... please do not post the same thing more than once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believed I  posted in the hardware forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking to buy a windows laptop for after effects and blender with future proofing so as to move complex animation and 3D  are Asus laptops long lasting and has less heating issues comparative to HP...
I am eyeing two laptops HP OMEN 17 AND ASUS ROG STRIX both are around 2400 dollars... any other suggestion would be great too.. budget can exceed a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3 messages merged into one... please stay in this message thread so there is one set of answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines