Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop recommendation / 1500-1800$

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I have recently realized that my laptop is just not enough to work in After Effects/Premiere. I am mostly working on motion graphics with a max length of 60 seconds (usually 15-30sec videos) and as you can imagine Macbook Air 15' is just not working that well.. or at all.

My budget is between 1500 - 1800$ if it can be in the lower range I would be really happy. So far from what I have researched I know I should be looking for CPU (speed over quantity of cores), supported/dedicated GPU, and preferably two RAMs so I can store cache on separate RAM.

Rather than picking on my own, I would like to get a recommendation from an expert community so I am coming to you for help, thank you in advance!

Edit 1: I need recommendations for a laptop, not a work station - I already have that. But since I am traveling a lot I need a laptop that can perform as well. 

TOPICS
CPU , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the post, however I saw posts like these already. They are just way too old. It is a 3 years difference between today and that post and I think that makes a huge difference. That is why I chose to write a new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines