Laptop

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryzen 5 5625u 6cores

radeon graphics

ram 16gb ddr4 3200ghz

Will this laptop would be nice for editing 1080p?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will your hard drive be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

external hard drive 4T and ssd 500

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this laptop be great for starter editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good enough, I'm afraid. The Radeon graphics is not a discrete GPU at all - but is instead an on-CPU integrated graphics with no discrete VRAM at all. Such graphics processors steal a lot of system RAM for itself, severely cutting into the available system RAM for other things including programs. Even worse, the integrated graphics has absolutely no hardware H.264 or HEVC encoder at all, forcing all encoding to the overburdened CPU.

As such, performance-wise you might as well buy a cheap dual-core Intel Processor-based laptop (formerly named Pentium or Celeron) instead because all AMD GPU architectures prior to RDNA perform very poorly in GPGPU (OpenCL) performance in Premiere Pro (the terrible-performing group includes your APU's integrated graphics, which is based on the fifth-gen GCN architecture that preceded RDNA). That integrated graphics severely handicaps the CPU performance in everything.

That is a textbook case of a weakling GPU bottlenecking the CPU severely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel Core i5-10300H @ 2.5GHz

4cores and 8 threads 

8GB DDR4

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 TI 4GB

Okay how about this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with B&H Photo Video?  They're always updating their "Expert Picks".  Right now this is there current line-up of Expert Picks ranging from $800 to $2,500: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/creative-video-editing-laptops/ci/35807

I'd try to get an i7.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

never occured to me to check B and H's "expert pics."  I'm in there at least a couple of times a month.  Great prices and great return policy...  and if you get the right sales person, great advice...  of course it helps to live in NYC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines