• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Laptop Recommendations

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to buy a Mac laptop for my son just starting his Graphic Design studies in college. I don't want to break the bank with a top of the line model--but I do want something that can handle most Creative Cloud apps without struggling. I have a MacBook Pro (2019) with 32GB of memory and the Intel Core i9 processor. It handles everything I throw at it.

Which of the lower end Mac laptops work best for Creative Cloud?  With the new M2 chip I've heard MacBook Airs work just fine.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations.  Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc desktop >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If any longer-form video content is to be edited, then the M2 13-inch MacBook Pro is the best choice (in spite of it being an older chassis design that's carried over from the last two generations of Intel-powered smaller-screen MacBook Pros) among lower-end Macs due to its included cooling fan. MacBook Airs all fall short on one thing: cooling. That means that the CPU in a MacBook Air is more likely to overheat in the middle of a rendering job due to poor airflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines