Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

i7 4770K 4,4ghz

32GB ram

SSDs

GPU0 and 1: 7970(sli)

GPU2: Quadro k5000. have no monitor connected.

when rendring i see activity at the 7970's but not the quadro and still i have selected the CUDA option. in both project and app preferences.

its looks like if apps just looks at GPU:0 and go whit that and not pay attention to GPU:1 and GPU:2

this is when running a render from AE https://imgur.com/a/8TLet

i'm only se activity at the fist 7970 card.

is the a way to force adobe apps to see the Quadro card?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of Premiere Pro CC (2015.3 or newer) do not permit the selection of the GPU to be used for MPE GPU acceleration. And Premiere's MPE GPU acceleration renderer defaults to OpenCL. And CUDA can now only be selected if no other companies' OpenCL-compatible GPUs are detected. That means that the only way that Premiere can see the Quadro card would be to completely uninstall and remove the Radeons from your system.

As for After Effects, it does not use much if any GPU acceleration. Almost everything in AE must be rendered solely on the CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for you I ran an experiment.  In my experimental computer I have normally an nVidia GTX 1060 .  I decided to also install an AMD R9-280X next to it to see how these two would get along and if they could coexist.  Amazingly they coexist well.  I started a new project and in the startup screen I was offered all 3 options (CUDA, OpenCL and software) for the Renderer as you can see

I also ran GPUSniffer with this setup:

To further test this strange pair of GPU's I ran my Premiere Pro BenchMark and the GPU intensive test I got 44 seconds for the R9-280X and as usual the CUDA card outperformed it by scoring the same test in 32 seconds.

Your pair of AMD cards you indicate SLI, that term is only nVidia for AMD they use the term Crossfire.  I would strongly suggest you unlink those cards and make sure you have current drivers and in my opinion they should coexist although I cannot imagine any editing purpose for the combination.  You cannot see activity of GPU acceleration on both cards at the same time, it is either one or the other.

Small edit 2/24/2018 at 1:04 PM EST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines