• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Build for 4K video

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched the forum but didn't see a recent post for this question, so I thought I'd start one. I am getting ready to build new computers for our editing suite. With 4K video being here, I'm wonder on what elements I'll need to build a machine for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects that can handle multiple cameras of 4K video without lag and that renders quickly. We spend the majority of our editing time with computer related delays. I'd like to circumvent that Any advice?

[Moved to hardware forum by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Immediately apologize for my bad English)))

I bought a laptop Asus ROG G752VS to work in Adobe Premiere Pro. On the laptop Fixed: 6700 i7 HQ, the GTX 1070, 48 GB of memory, the SSD 256, 1000 SSD.

When playing video DJI Phantom and 4 CAMERA Sony A6500 (xavc) processor hammered by 100% and start missing shots (CUDA activated support). I understand processor clogged decoding video files for playback. For example, in a monoblock Lenovo ThinkCentre without Nvidia graphics card, only with Intel HD Graphics 520 Tacca passes and no processor loaded on 30-70%.

Can I somehow configure the hardware decoding of h.264 on 1070 GTX in Adobe Premiere?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anton! You might want to look into this thread: NVidia GPU-accelerated H264-encoder plugin, ready for public testing -- there has been some development on a third-party plugin to use NVidia's NVENC to encode on the GPU. There are lots of folks in that thread that have bugs and other issues and it seems the plugin can break whenever there's a driver update or Premiere update, but it might be something you can try in the meantime. I haven't tested it myself. I'm holding out for Adobe to support NVENC directly in AMME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tuned that laptop to get rid of processes that a stock PC has that are not necessary for video editing and are stealing CPU cycles on you?  Also part of tuning is turning off indexing on the disk drives.  That laptop sounds great.  If you find that the GPU is holding you back you can very easily overclock the Memory Clock on your GTX 1070, I have a much earlier Asus G750 with a GTX 765 and they slow down laptop GPU's to save battery.  But since you only can edit in Premiere with AC power I am running my Memory Clock at 50% higher than the default and it has been this way now for three years with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines