• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC under 500$

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am looking for suggestion building a PC for graphics under 500$ , i use Adobe Photoshop,After Effects and 3ds Max for Modeling and Lighting, Not for Animation, i select this

1, Intel Core i5-7400

2, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H Intel LGA 1151

3, Gigabyte GV-N1050D5-2GD GeForceĀ® GTX 1050

4, Corsair VengeanceĀ® LPX 8GB (1x8GB)

5, Western Digital (WD) Green 120GB PC Solid State Drive (SSD) - WDS120G1G0A

6, Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB

Are these good, or you have any suggestion , please w would be very thankful to you.

Moby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

I would recommend a larger SSD and at least 16 GB of RAM. However, RAM can be added later. 8 GB does meet the minimum system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend a larger SSD and at least 16 GB of RAM. However, RAM can be added later. 8 GB does meet the minimum system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would recommend either finding a used or refurbished pc with ivy bridge (i5/7-3xxx) or newer. you might find one around the price of the cpu alone, and the rest of the budget can go into upgrades to whatever it needs. if you are building new, you wont find better value than the amd ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x cpu's. they cost a little more than the i5, but it offers waaaaay more power with 6c/12t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moby,

To be honest there is one big problem and a few lesser problems with that setup that you planned.

The biggest problem is the use of single-channel memory. You simply cannot achieve dual-channel with only one stick of RAM. In fact, using only one stick of RAM will force the CPU's memory controller to run only in single-channel mode, which severely affects the CUDA MPE performance and to a lesser extent the H.264 Blu-ray encoding performance. I did a test with my main i7-4790K rig (my newer i7-7700 rig is currently mothballed because I recently moved). With only a single 8GB stick of memory the MPEG2 DVD exporting performance with MPE on took almost 50 seconds compared to only 25 seconds with 16GB of RAM running in dual channel. The H.264 Blu-ray performance took about 25 seconds longer in single channel than it did in dual channel.

If on the other hand you don't use Premiere Pro, then what I stated above is largely irrelevant, but the single-channel memory may still degrade performance significantly.

The lesser problems include a quad-core CPU without hyperthreading (which takes about 30 percent longer than a hyperthreaded quad-core CPU for most rendering tasks) and a small and relatively slow SSD.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines