• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerful system

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I want  to built a computer which must be able to edit 4k video  and higher at full frame.. The 5 cameras will shoot ISO and then place on the timeline for multicam edit at full frame and full resolution. I was thinking about a supermicro motherboard X11 series with 2 Xeon scalable at 26 cores each. My associate advised me to contact tech support in Premiere before going forward to avoid unnecessary expenses because he believes Premiere is more GPU based rather than processors power. Advise me on this.                    Best,

Daniel

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This includes 2 recommendation links from Puget Systems... copied from Peru Bob
https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-hardware-articles-to-read-before-you-buy-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the problem with that particular plan:

Those Xeon Scalable CPUs are not all that powerful to begin with. You see, despite 26 cores and 52 threads per CPU, the only Xeon Scalable CPU in that configuration that's available has an extremely low base clock speed, an extremely low all-core Turbo boost speed and a relatively low single-core Turbo boost speed to begin with. Worse, it is yet another tweak of the now-six-year-old Skylake architecture, which has a relatively low IPC (Instructions Per Clock cycle) compared to newer architectures. So, while these Xeon Scalable CPUs are good for servers, they are not so great for workstations which require both high clock speeds and a relatively high number of CPU cores in order to work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply, this is exactly what my associate was worried about. In this case, using any other CPU with high IPC and high number of cores, what do you think could be a considered  a Powerful System capable of editing multi video tracks in 4k or 6k for the next 5 years.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the next 5 years.

By @defaultc8dk4qa27u05

That would be difficult, if not impossible, to do.  Things change quickly, especially requirements of software and hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,   From the components available today, what would you consider a powerful system capable of handling multiple tracks of 4k, 6k videos? That is more logical than a five year projection.   

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that, you're not currently going to get a CPU that has both a very high number of cores and a sufficiently high all-core Turbo clock speed. At best, you're going to get a good compromise between the two (as in one of the 5000-series AMD Ryzen 9 CPUs with 12 or 16 cores). But if your associate really demands an Intel CPU, then Intel does not really have a good choice right now: All of them that are currently available have too few cores and/or too low of an all-core Turbo clock speed and/or are based on old architectures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you very much, this is very helpful. I still need to look for the best available motherboard, do you have any suggestion? 

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only done a small 4k test with a few downloaded files (which worked well) so I don't know if this will help you... or not

Intel i9-10900k CPU in ASUS-Prime-Z490-P motherboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you help. I think I will go this way.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines