• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPBM8 Site is gone?

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been on the forums in a while so I don't know if anyone has posted anything about this, but the PPBM8.com site seems to be gone.  I keep getting a 403 error, in addition is gives me a 404 error.  This is happening on PPBM8 and PPBM6.

Can anyone tell me if the site is coming back up or is it gone forever?

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the passing of Harm, and the absence of Bill on the forums, it has likely been taken down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened last summer-ish? Then back up around October. First I've heard it is down again. Not all links were functional in October.

Worried about Bill.

I just ran my update to 2019 this morning when testing CUDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling its gone forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did he live in Virginia? If so, it appears that Bill G has passed away. There is an obituary on legacy com that seems to be his. He helped a lot of people here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He will be greatly missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, he has already been missed by many here on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the 1 GB zip-file 'ppbm.zip ' with the PrPro project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone can provide a download from Dropbox, Google Drive or a WeTransfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a business trial. This will be gone by tomorrow.

Dropbox - PPBM.zip

Is anyone else interested in collaborating on keeping PPBM or a variation available? Contact me by PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Stan. Can you explain how to "run the four benchmark steps"? This is new for me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is explained once you open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann says, the process is explained in the first frames of the sequences of the project file you open. Just follow the steps there carefully.

There is a readme.txt file that explains which .prproj file to use. However, the last version mentioned there was for PR 10 (2016). The last version in the zip is for 2017 (PPBM11-DE.prproj). Just open that on in 2017 - 2019, and for 2018 and 2019, when prompted, allow it to open in your version with a new name.

I think that is how I did it. I've saved 2018 and 2019 versions, but I don't think I did anything special.

Use the statistics PPBM11.vbs file. At the end of running it, there will be a report box on the screen. Keep those results (or a screenshot). Not all is included in the output.csv file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

It is no longer available.

I dont know what is going on but the site is up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure is. And with all the versions back to at least ppbm5.

I downloaded the zip, and this appears to be the genuine article.

I sent an email to the funeral home connected to the obituary, but did not get a response. I have to believe that someone in the family reactivated the site. Or any good Samaritan out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site is down again. Can anyone provide a download link to PPBM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update to this? I would be happy to host the site if the assets still exist...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The domain has been extended, so someone is doing something, even if the site is not up currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you able to upload the zip for me to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is version I have, zipped 1GB: OneDrive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much Basil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave and all,

New benchmark test at Puget Systems: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Puget-Systems-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-Benchmark-1519/

Let us know if it works for you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That test so far did not work well for me. I had to cheat (having Quick Sync enabled) just to even get a score at all in the Quick Test. And then, I could not run the 8k H.265 test, partly due to my CPU not supporting H.265 hardware acceleration and partly because I have only 32 GB of RAM (64 GB or more RAM is required just to run the 8k tests, but my system maxes out in RAM support to just 32 GB). And I presume that the scores are with Quick Sync disabled - but my current system crashed whenever I tried running the full 29.97 tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks R,

Guess there's still a few kinks to work out. Wonder if you could provide them this feedback. I can also pass it along if you need me to.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines