Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 Threadripper bad scrubbing performance

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just build my Threadripper system (1950x, 32GB, 1080 Ti) and what I notice is that the scrubbing performance is pretty slow compared to my Intel laptop (i7 4790K, 32GB, 970M). I'm using GH5 ALL-I 4K files. Files are on SSD raid on Threadripper system and single SSD on laptop. Playback is ok, but scrubbing timeline is really bad.  Both systems are just installed with Windows Fall Creators update. Is premiere just badly optimized?

[Moderator note: moved to most appropriate forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Team Threadripper:

Please upvote this bug: Better Threadripper Support – Adobe video & audio apps

Hope we can get this solved for you all.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was arguing in may 2018 with some user here about how antiquated Premiere pro and that we will reach a point where even tablets will beat massive workstations built for Adobe by Pugetsystems and other companies, well, it seems that time is now

I tried to edit an ENTIRE video on iPad Pro... - YouTube

So, Ipad pro can cut  4k footage, flawlessly from A7III and on PC you need at least octacore, 32gb ram, powerful GPU and after all that  scrubbing is bad.

This is absurd, there is no point in talking about hardware needs for Adobe, it's all about when this software will get an actual update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem,

i need to change my pc... i9 xxxxx ssd gtx1080 ..... total 2000 and more dollars for what?

when i try to work on a dji mavic file or go pro file or 4k file, is not possibile (freezing, not smooth..and if you apply a colour is worst) and i need to convert all in pro res?

they are serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team Threadripper:

Please upvote this bug: Better Threadripper Support – Adobe video & audio apps

Hope we can get this solved for you all.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is that with h264 file (go pro and drone) or 4k

also with a monster pc , in premiere we need to use proxy or is impossibile to have a fluid preview when you work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try apple Ipad pro and then come back with some thoughts why premiere pro can't handle some files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines