• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Cannot install Premier Pro?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought a new laptop because the old one doesn't have enough space to accommodate adobe premier pro. My new lap top has the following which I'm not sure if it can be used with adobe premier pro or not?:

• RAM: 4 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD
  • Intel® Pentium® Gold 4415U Processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That amount of RAM will not run Premiere Pro CC.  You really should have at least 24 GB as a practical minimum, althought depending upon your media and effects used, 12 GB RAM might work.

The processor is only a dual core processor with 4 threads, also not enough to run Premiere Pro properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I branched this to a new discussion and moved it to the Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response, Peru Bob! I found on this link the requirements for adobe premier pro, Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Windows

• Multicore processor with 64-bit support
  • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) or Windows 8.1 (64 bit), or Windows 10 (64 bit)
  • Supporting Windows 10 Creator Edition & Dial
  • 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
  • 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
  • 1280x800 display (1920x1080 or larger recommended)
  • Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model
  • Optional: Adobe-recommended GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

And my laptop has the following which I don't know if I can use with adobe premier pro anyway?:

• Processor- Intel® Pentium® 4415U Processor
    - Dual-core
    - 1.4 GHz / 2.3 GHz (Turbo Boost)
    - 2 MB cache
    RAM4GB DDR4 (16 GB maximum installable RAM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best thing that you can do with that slow laptop would be to max out the system's RAM. You may need to remove the existing pre-installed 4 GB in order to install the full 16 GB of RAM in it. That Pentium CPU is about as slow as my Haswell-generation i5-4210U laptop, and its Intel HD Graphics 610 has too few shader processors to even enable OpenCL GPU acceleration at all.

In addition, get yourself an external USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 SSD such as a Samsung T5. That single HDD by itself simply won't do for video editing: With all of the OS housekeeping going on continuously on that single internal HDD, you'll never achieve more than about 32 MB/s in disk I/O throughput out of that drive (this is with rendering in Premiere Pro with everything, including the OS, programs, cache, projects, media and exports, put on that single HDD). That's way below the 120-ish MB/s that it's capable of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bupphaw56970496  wrote

And my laptop has the following which I don't know if I can use with adobe premier pro anyway?:

• Processor- Intel® Pentium® 4415U Processor
    - Dual-core
    - 1.4 GHz / 2.3 GHz (Turbo Boost)
    - 2 MB cache
    RAM4GB DDR4 (16 GB maximum installable RAM)

Unless you add the RAM and another drive as suggested, no.

Even if you do that, however, it will still be very slow and a struggle to edit unless you are using Standard Definition and only cuts or dissolves.

You would be best to save your money and put it towards a laptop with better specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another post which has similar issue like mine, and one user seems to be using the exact same system like my laptop with Adobe Premier Pro just fine 4GB RAM not suficient - what to do.

Just look for an answer at the end of the thread from a user names lavern_johnzenand this was what this user said:

"I wonder why your system with 4GB RAM don't work with Adobe Premiere CC. My system is working flawlessly with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.

Here is my system's configuration:

Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM

-Intel Core i3-7100U(2.4 GHZ base frequency)

-Intel HD Graphics 620(Shared Memory)

-4 GB of 2133 mhz RAM

-1 TB of Hard Drive(5400 RPM)

I dunno why Premiere Pro CC 2018 works fine with my system and take note that I'm working on Full HD videos for my school projects. The clips I take is from the NIKON D5300."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it "does the job flawlessly", it must have done so for a significantly longer time than if he were to have used a laptop with a stronger CPU, more disks, a better GPU and more RAM. In fact, in my real-world (not benchmarked) tests on a similarly low-performance laptop it took nearly three times longer (about 1.5 to 2 hours) to export a 45-minute HD video to H.264 Blu-ray than it did on my main desktop PC (about 35 to 40 minutes) to do the same. (A laptop with a true quad-core CPU with hyperthreading would have taken about 45 to 50 minutes for this task.) And if I were to have used just that single slow internal HDD for everything, it would have taken me as much as six times longer - nearly 5 hours just to export a 45-minute video from Cineform HD to H.264 Blu-ray. To me, that's the dealbreaker.

So, this topic now becomes a matter of how long must one wait just to deliver the finished product, not whether one could deliver the finished product at all. In this case, as equipped without any additions or upgrades, it becomes absurdly and excruciatingly long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines