Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendations

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I would like to buy a computer in the next days with an Ryzen 3-2300U processor and graphics AMD Radeon Vega 6 but I'm not sure about the compatibility whit the new versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. The computer is an HP Pavillion 15-CW0007LA: https://www.officedepot.com.mx/officedepot/en/Categor%C3%ADa/Todas/C%C3%B3mputo/Laptop/Laptop/LAPTOP...

12 GB - RAM

1 TB - HDD

Someone can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Hardware Forum forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff- Where can I find this "Hardware Forum" your talking about? Sorry, I'm new to forums. I'm looking to see what people recommend as a fast external SSD drive to use for editing large files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexm57843626, this discussion is already in the Hardware forum.  If you wish to begin a new conversation, you can click on the link to the Hardware forum at the top of this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more precise, you definitely need a lot more than just 12GB of RAM just to run current versions of the Adobe software anywhere close to smoothly. And there are better CPU choices than that Ryzen 3 if you're going to run After Effects due to the program itself being only lightly threaded, and AMD CPUs still do not perform as well as comparably priced Intel CPUs in lightly threaded situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"AMD CPUs still do not perform as well as comparably priced Intel CPUs in lightly threaded situations."

I don't think so. I'm using the Ryzen 3 2200g and I can run Ps, Ae, and Pr, simultaneously without lags even editing 1080p content.

Just add more RAM, though. 32GB is a must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I didn't make it clear. In my previous comparison the CPU clock speed matters. At a comparable price point Intel CPUs have higher clock speeds but fewer threads than AMD CPUs. And I am comparing the Pentium and i3 CPUs to the Ryzen 3 CPUs. Price to price the AMD CPUs fall slightly behind only because of their lower clock speeds (in fact, the base clock speeds of some of Intel's CPUs are higher than the maximum turbo speeds of some of AMD's CPUs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines