• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering to witch Drive?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question, which drive is best to render to, the same drive as the project?

Next questions, I have:

• OS/Programs on a fast EVO Pro M.2
  • I have another even faster EVO Pro M.2 but I'm trying to save that for 360 Virtual Tours. I've thought about using this for scratch/cache but I'm not sure if the performance boost is worth wearing that drive out (should I be worried about that?)
  • Projects/assets on an SSD
  • Scratch/cache on a different SSD

I have room for another M.2. When I get this 3rd M.2 should I put projects/assets on this or keep them on SSD and use it for cache/scratch?

Please don't refer me to another website. I'm so crunched for time. It seems like when I've asked these questions before I never got an answer. I was referred to another site that didn't answer these questions either. I've already muscled through enough issues with adobe to last a lifetime. I seriously just want to setup the best arrangement so I can get back to work. Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to get many different recommendations from various people.

My short answer: render files back to a fast, locally attached SSD or better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm asking specific questions, or trying to at least. I have specific drives, I'm not asking about internal versus external. I'm really trying to figure out where to put cache/scratch, project/assets, and which to render to based on my specific drives (SSD's versus faster NVME's).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question, which drive is best to render to, the same drive as the project?

======

Yes

Next questions, I have:

• OS/Programs on a fast EVO Pro M.2
  • ==========YES
  • I have another even faster EVO Pro M.2 but I'm trying to save that for 360 Virtual Tours. I've thought about using this for scratch/cache but I'm not sure if the performance boost is worth wearing that drive out (should I be worried about that?)
  • =========NO
  • Projects/assets on an SSD
  • ==========
  • YES
  • Scratch/cache on a different SSD
  • =============
  • NO

I have room for another M.2. When I get this 3rd M.2 should I put projects/assets on this or keep them on SSD and use it for cache/scratch?

===========

NO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

===========

NO

You said no, but I'm not sure what you're saying no to. No to putting projects/assets on fastest drive or no to cache/scratch on fastest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have more specifically asked which drive to put the scratch cache on also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Adobe's official stance is a different drive, but personally I've found anything pointed to a SSD is fine, regardless of what it's shared with. And by SSD, I'm assuming internal via SATA or the like, not a USB connected drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines