Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate keyboard for MacBook

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm looking into purchasing the latest MacBook Pro for video editing purposes. I'm choosing a laptop over a desktop so that I can edit on the go, although most of my editing will likely take place in my home office. I plan on connecting my 34" curved monitor to the laptop and using that for timeline editing, while using the laptop screen for previews only. The problem is the keyboard; I'd like to have one right in front of my larger editing monitor, but I don't want to have to put the whole laptop in front of that screen just so I can easily access the keyboard. 

So my question is, is it possible to attach a second, standalone keyboard to a MacBook? If yes, is said keyboard purchased from Apple only?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like any bluetooth keyboard or even a USB keyboard would work. I like my bluetooth keyboard but it is all personal preference.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJgx3vIEkg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll look into that, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines