• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSD Storage Upgrade

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my current machine. I've been reading through this article on storage optimization.
I currently have an HDD and NVME. I am looking to buy an additional SSD. I currently have my OS and Creative Cloud apps on the NVME, and then I have my project files, cache, source media, scratch, exports and archive on the HDD.
Should I move my project files to the NVME with the OS, and have the apps, cache, scratch, and source media loaded to the new SSD, and then exports and archive on the HDD? Or do I set this up another way for better results.
My motherboard doesn't have a second NVME slot, so I'm stuck with one NVME slot for now (and I prefer getting a cheaper SSD anyway).
Thanks!
TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'd probably use a good SSD as the OS disk, and another as projects/media, and maybe the Nvme for preview/cache drive.

HDD ... spinning discs ... are pretty much a main storage tool, not that great for use with "live" projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about in terms of size, how much GB/TB for the SSD's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines