• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System requirements for premiere pro

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy Dell precision 5520. I7 NVIDIA QUADRO M1200 8GB RAM 256GB SSD. I want to know whether Premiere Pro will work with QUADRO M1200. Because in the list there is no mention of this graphic card. Please clarify. It's my humble request

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On paper, yes. But you do not want to pay any significant amount of money for an over-five-year-old quad-core CPU-powered laptop that's equipped with too little RAM for anything beyond 720p video editing and a GPU that's severely underpowered by today's standards.

And that quad-core CPU is now already in legacy support status at Intel itself, while the GPU will also soon be depreciated into legacy status from Nvidia itself.

In other words, you'd be wasting good money on a laptop that's almost obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and the SSD is too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, did I forget to mention that CUDA had already been depreciated for that M1200 (being that it uses a variant of the first-gen Maxwell architecture chip that made its debut with the GeForce GTX 750-series GPUs way back in January 2014)? As such, CUDA support of that GPU is now permanently frozen at CUDA 10.2 even though CUDA is now up to version 11.8. Adobe now requires CUDA 11.2 or higher support in order to use CUDA GPU acceleration at all with version 23.x of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines