• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Upgrade for Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 with an i7 3770, 8gb ram and 2 SATA SSDs (one for programs/OS, another for raw footage). Playback performance is tolerable in Premiere Pro 2019 editing 1080p footage, until I add effects - I assume my integrated graphics (Intel HD 4000) are bogging down. Task manager indicates I am not running out of memory.

I tried installing a GT 1030 (my PCIE slot only takes cards up to 50 watts) and the mercury playback engine claimed CUDA acceleration was available. However, playback was impossible and task manager shows CUDA cores are not being utilised.

Would a 4gb RX 550 be a good purchase, or perhaps upgrading to 16gb ram? How about using an older version of premiere pro (does the 2017 version utilise at GT 1030 - Nvidia advertised Premiere Pro performance boosts in their marketing material).

Any help much appreciated.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice is to save up for a completely new system at this point. You see, Adobe Premiere Pro still underperforms in OpenCL compared to its CUDA performance - that is, in Premiere Pro that RX 550 will actually be significantly slower than your current GT 1030. Plus, anything higher (performance-wise) will require either a higher-wattage slot or an external connector from the power supply unit.

Additionally, Premiere Pro CC 2017 is now no longer legitimately available at all - anywhere. Nor is any version of Premiere Pro earlier than the 2019 version available at all. You see, Adobe is now restricting availability to the two most recent major versions of any of its programs.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Randall 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines