• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Rendering and Playback

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the video rendering and playback option there are no choices, area is greyed out.
"Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" or "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" or "software only" option - there are no choices.

I am unable to update my card's drivers, NVidia Quadro 2000. Nvida has no support on the card installed - in the HP Z800 Workstation.

The installed graphic card work in the Z800 however the graphic card will not work with Adobe CC 2021.

The graphic cards recommended by HP, on their HP Z800 site, are graphic cards that work with the motherboard that came with the machine. That the newer graphic cards will not work in the HP Z800 because of the newer technology. 

What graphic cards will work with Adobe CC 2021 and HP Z800 running Windows 10 64 Bit? I would sincerely appreciate a reference to a list of graphic cards that will work in this HP computer - so that I can render and playback using a graphic card that is supported by both CC 2021 and HP Z800.

Thanks for any help !

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Sorry, but you're trapped between a rock and a hard place. Even the most powerful CPU that's compatible with that Z800 will significantly bottleneck most if not all of the newer GPUs that are currently available. And the CPUs, while most were good in their day, are now just outdated and practically obsolete by current standards, performing worse than today's six-core mainstream CPUs! And if the CPU that's in your system is at the bottom of the line among the CPUs that were offered for that Z800,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you're trapped between a rock and a hard place. Even the most powerful CPU that's compatible with that Z800 will significantly bottleneck most if not all of the newer GPUs that are currently available. And the CPUs, while most were good in their day, are now just outdated and practically obsolete by current standards, performing worse than today's six-core mainstream CPUs! And if the CPU that's in your system is at the bottom of the line among the CPUs that were offered for that Z800, then even the cheapest discrete GPU would be a waste of money.

Worse, most of the recommended GPUs of recent generations remain absurdly expensive. Especially the "gaming" GPUs that normally provide far better performance-to-price ratio than "workstation" GPUs. And because of the absurdly high prices of current discrete GPUs, your best bet (or rather most cost-effective solution) would be to completely replace your entire PC at this point with a new-generation model, especially since a GPU that would have provided the ideal performance match to your CPU would have cost you far more money than that entire system of yours is worth after depreciation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thanks for the insight into the Z800 Legacy model.

What PCs to ask would be suitable to replace the HP Z800. I spend most of the work day working with Adobe CC 2021.

From 'would be to completely replace your entire PC at this point with a new-generation mode

Thanks for any suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I defer to others about which pre-built workstations that you should get. You see, I have always self-assembled my own desktops and desktop workstations. I have never purchased pre-builts.

And I did forget to mention that the Z800 legacy model will not accept most of the newer GPUs at all since they require a UEFI BIOS just to even work at all. Most systems as old as yours still used a legacy, non-UEFI BIOS. Nvidia GPUs with legacy BIOS compatibility virtually ended at Pascal (aka GeForce 10 series or Quadro P series). Beginning with the Turing generation, UEFI is required, which restricts compatibility to those systems that are newer than seven years old. Your system is already over 11 years old (judging by the GPUs that were offered, including the one that your system originally came with).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines