• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the best laptop specifications for Animation?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new laptop for animation. Unfortunately I am not a "computer person" so would be really grateful if someone could please explain in simple language what laptop specifications (and why) are best for this kind of work?

Currently I animate with After Effects, Photoshop and Flash which makes my laptop crash a lot. In the future I am also hoping to do 3D animation so I need a laptop that can handle this. I know that desktops are better but unfortunately I need a laptop... any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Weronika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notebook  for designers is a separate, specific enough section of computer technics. All the matter is that such Notebook should answer a number of characteristics in a kind of that any person connected with design, works in a number of programs, rather exacting to productivity of a computer. Therefore Notebook for creative persons should have the powerful processor for the decision of absolutely any problems, the display of high expansion with an excellent colour rendition for convenient work in graphic editors and, necessarily, high-efficiency videocard which is a key element at work with applied packages of the designer. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-search/search-results.html?ajaxpage=1#/page=1&/cc=us&/lang=en&/qt=HP EliteBook 8770w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this should be the best:-

RAM- 4 GB

Hard Drive- 500GB

Graphics card- NVIDIA 310M

Processor- Intel Core i7

OS- Windows 7 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend window 8 because it is the current version and will come built on a (more powerful) modern system… 8 uses less ram than 7 does to chug along.

Cpu; at least an i3 or (amd equivalent) to do animation. When you compile animation (called rendering for video) you put the load almost entirely on your cpu but after that the cpu goes back to normal. The difference between an i3 and i5 is that the i5 will finish the rendering faster but both machines will do the job.

Ram; 4 gig is the minimum I would consider but ram is cheap and as long as the laptop has a spare slot then upgrading to 8 gig should allow your system to breathe.

64bit | graphics; this is the place where you have to do your homework because (unlike a desktop) you can't just pop a new one in at some later date… don't impulse purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines