Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is better

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

please forgive me if this seems like a dumb/noobish question but I honestly don't know. I just ordered a new computer that willl ship with

3.6 GHz Intel Core i7-8700 Six-Core

16GB of 2666 Hz DDR4 RAM, I plan on adding more

NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 GPU (2GB GDDR5)

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 and a EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked Dual Slot 2GB DDR3 Graphics from previous systems.

Majority lightroom and a little photoshop.

What I wanna know is of these 3 which should I leave in my system for better performance in LR+ PS?

Thank you in advance for you assistance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GT 1030, by far, among those three. This is because both the GTX 745 and your particular GT 740 both have a memory throughput that's significantly lower than that GT 1030: Only 29 GB/s for the GTX 745 and the GT 740 DDR3, versus 48 GB/s for the GT 1030 GDDR5. In fact, the theoretical maximum memory throughput of either the GTX 745 or the GT 740 DDR3 is actually lower than that of your new system's main RAM! That mismatch in the memory throughput will prevent the CPU from being fully utilized even if the workflow demands it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clear and descriptive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines