Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wich kind of computer for Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My name is Bastien and i am going to use Premiere Pro for cinema. Also i am wondering wich power/kind of computer i need to get to use this app easily without lag or similar ? (Hertz, Ram, memories, I-core..., etc...)

If a similar post is similar somewhere in this forum, sorry i didnt find anything.

(sorry in advance for my bad english)

Tanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you let us know your budget. This gives us more of an idea of what you want. Also, do you mean for Cinema 4D or for movie making in a cinema? Let me know those things and I can help you. 🙂

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Intel 12th gen CPU and RTX 3000 series GPU would be your best. Nvenc and Quick Sync are good to have and they both get better and better. The video link below might be helpful.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have noted it's good to know a guide to your budget ... but with Premiere Pro you want at least a recent mid range machine, ideally high end. Premiere Pro needs a lot of system resources.

For example i7 rather than i5 processors, High end video card - i.e 3000 series Nvidia graphics cards, 32GB of ram (or more), SSD system disk + you'll probably need additional storage for your media - also preferably SSD - the faster the better. You can also use a system with AMD processors (Ryzen) and graphics cards (again the higher end versions). Though Nvidia graphic cards are better for Premiere. On the Mac side (again) you want at least current M1 (or M2)mid range machines but preferably the high end machines.

Adobe have a hardware list that is a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. 

My budget is around 2000$, i'm gonna check your links and your advices. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a good build in my opinion for AE. You could even get a slightly better GPU with the remaining $150. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t4XjW4

Also are you going to want a pre-built or are you going to build it yourself?

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how it works to built it and if it will be enough. Because i dont know if it will works without a better ram, and better NVIDIA. I have actually just 8GB ram, 256gb memories,...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building your own will save you a lot of money. It's not THAT hard and it's pretty fun as well! This is the video I used back when I built mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MYOpFONCU

They have a newer one as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL4DCEp7blY

Pre-builts are generally just way more expensive with less customizability. Puget Systems doesn't have cards older than the 30 series (as far as I know) which significantly drives up the price. 

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help.

Dell send me an estimate for 1500$ CAD, with:

i-core 7 11800H, 11th gen
nvidia geforce 3050 4bg
16gb ram
512gb memorie

Apparently you advice to get 32gb ram. So, with the same but just more Ram, it will be 5500$ CAD. Of course i dont have this money for begining. 

Do you mind the estimate at 1500$ is enough for begening with some movies ?

Or could i take the same an add RAM myself after to get enough power for working ? (Someone told me that in this topic.)

It's for begining movies HD. But not very expensive movies like many VFX, just cheap, because i am new in this world 😉

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3x the price for double the RAM? Geez. Your looking at a mobile PC (meaning it's a laptop or all-in-one). Is that what your looking for? Generally you won't find good performance on laptops.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's for working in another country. But maybe for begening, it will be better to get a regular computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's OK for the price and especially for a laptop. I would go with that. Don't expect amazing performance though.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice.

But, go for a regular cumputer or for the laptot at 1500$ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that still depends on what your going to be doing. Are you going to have to take a laptop around or are you okay with using a desktop computer in one place? You will get significantly better results with a regular desktop computer, so if you can, go with that.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well, thank you.

I just asked to a Dell adviser, told me it will be almost the same price. I will check another company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for recommendations, I think this one could be good. You said your budget is $2000 correct?

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Supreme-Liquid-Geforce-SLC8306A2/dp/B08TT84N1L/ref=sr_1_4?keywor...This one is pretty beefy for a good price. In general, gaming PCs will do good in AE.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very kind to look for something for me, i appreciate.

I see your link, it's almost the same performance as the Dell  laptop for at 1500$ CAD (i-core 7 11800H, 11th gen, nvidia geforce 3050 4bg, 16gb ram, 512gb memorie). So, is at mean i can take something with just 16GB RAM ? It will be enough for Premiere pro cinema HD Codec h.264 and hevc ?

Sorry if i ask to many questions 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm? No the link I sent has much better specs for performance. Intel H series CPUs are laptop CPUs and are generally worse. The Ryzen 9 5900x is one of the best CPUs out there right now. Also, the RTX 3050 is significantly worse than the 3070. As much RAM as possible for AE is best, so it's possible that you might want to upgrade in the future, but 16 isn't that bad for starters.

It should handle Premiere & After Effects pretty well. Do a little more research first, and maybe talk to someone with more experience from r/buildapc or someone with good knowledge. A Dell person will probably sell you only Dell computers, when you can branch out much farther.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect,

Thank you again for all of this, it will help me a lot. I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the 512 GB hard drive an SSD? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines