• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will my CPU hardware encode in xeon cpus?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to buy the t5810 workstation as they're cheap in my country. I wanted to know if the xeon 1650 V4 will support hardware encoding with a AMD RX 590 gpu. It will have 32GB of ram. Also how long do you think will a 4K video render in? I can't find any reviews with xeon rendering 4K footage?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Unfortunately, you made a poor choice with that system. Although you will have AMD's hardware encoding with that RX 590, its rendering performance itself is very poor by current standards like all other pre-RDNA AMD GPUs. What's more, that Xeon has absolutely no hardware decoder or encoder at all on its own. Therefore, you'll have to rely solely on the AMD GPU for hardware decoding and encoding.

Worse, AMD restricts hardware decoding and encoding to 4:2:0 no matter what. No hardware 4:2:2 or 4:4

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, you made a poor choice with that system. Although you will have AMD's hardware encoding with that RX 590, its rendering performance itself is very poor by current standards like all other pre-RDNA AMD GPUs. What's more, that Xeon has absolutely no hardware decoder or encoder at all on its own. Therefore, you'll have to rely solely on the AMD GPU for hardware decoding and encoding.

Worse, AMD restricts hardware decoding and encoding to 4:2:0 no matter what. No hardware 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 decoding or encoding support whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines