• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Windows 11 Pro] What graphics card of choice within a $2000 desktop computer?

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

What would be the best graphics card in a $2000 Windows 11 Pro desktop computer which will be used heavily with Photoshop, Illustrator and Dimension?

Thanx a lot!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nVidia with the Studio (not gaming) driver is recommended for video editing... you aren't asking about Premiere Pro so I don't know if AMD will work as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what I've read for Illustrator and Dimension (although I do know that Photoshop does make some use of a good GPU), you absolutely do not have to go whole hog on the GPU. For a PC at that total cost, since none of your intended programs utilize CUDA for GPU acceleration except for certain third-party plugins, my recommendation would be for a GPU that delivers better OpenCL performance for a given price point.

That said, I'd recommend spending as much as one-fourth of your total system budget just for a GPU. And this means that for the aforementioned programs I'd recommend an AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT for a build of that total cost. Alternatively, I'd recommend an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER if you're also going to be running Premiere Pro and/or After Effects on that PC. I do not recommend an RTX 4060 Ti as it is significantly slower than an RTX 4070 SUPER while costing only slightly less money (for the 16 GB version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback, John and RjL!

Regarding a GPU of around $500, it is not only speed what I want but also (and even more important) smooth compatibility in connection with the before mentioned Adobe apps.

My current GPU, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, tends to produce some display glitches when working in Illustrator which big zoom factors (under Windows 10, that is). For more than 10 years before that, I was using an NVIDIA Quadro 2000, which practically never showed such behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should come in under $2,000:

• 14th Gen Intel Core i7-14700KF
  • 32GB DDR5 RAM
  • 2TB M.2 SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warren,

That would have been one of my suggestions for a system that's relatively heavy on the CPU with a GPU that's just powerful enough not to seriously bottleneck the CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines