• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Video Card

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody suggest me the best video card for "After Effects" and "Premier Pro".

Thanks

R

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the other parts of your PC - CPU, RAM and disks. With an increasing reliance on GPU performance with the very latest versions, you do not want a seriously underpowered GPU even for a weakling CPU. You may, however, want to go slightly overqualified on the GPU nowadays. This means a $400 GPU for even a sub-$200 CPU. But don't go way overboard on the GPU. In fact, it is still better to get a relatively powerful CPU. After all, it is still ridiculous to go with an RTX 2080 Ti in a system that's only equipped with something like an Intel Pentium Gold CPU. Conversely, it is way better to go with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and a GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER than with a Threadripper 3990WX but only a GeForce GT 1030.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RjL190365

Thank you for your response.

I do have two PCs with following configuration. Can you please let me know which on is best. Again my usage is Premiere, After Effects and Blender for 3D.

9th Gen Intel Core i7 9700 (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)

3rd Gen Intel Core i7 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Thanks

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The i7-9700 is by far the better of the two, if you're doing creative media work. The i7-3770 is too old (eight years old, as a matter of fact) for newer versions of the Creative Cloud apps.

And with that i7-9700, I would suggest a GeForce RTX 2060 or RTX 2060 SUPER for that system. If you must use the i7-3770 in a pinch, then go with a GTX 1650 SUPER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.

Thanks for the information.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines