• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti Support

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a non-profit where we do video editing in Premiere. I have been tasked with getting a new computer. I am looking at a

i7-7700k (4.2 Quad-Core)

32GB DDR4 RAM

GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti

512GB Samsung m.2 960 Pro

2TB WD Black for additional storage

Built by Digital Storm.

With this build, I see that the 1080 and 1080 Ti are not listed in the supported GPU list from Adobe. Do these work and will they be recommended later? I don't want to get stuck with a beast of a graphics card that Adobe does not play well with.

To add, is the i7-7700K good enough or would a step up to the i7-6800K (6-Core but benchmarks don't seem to be affected much) be a better route?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your planned GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti you will need at least an 8-core, 16-thread CPU. As it stands, your planned build has way too much GPU for the CPU that you're planning to use. On most GPU-intensive workflows that also involve a fair amount of CPU usage, that overqualified GPU may sit idle, waiting for the CPU to catch up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That is very helpful to know! would you recommend instead, because 8-core is out of budget right now, going with the 6800K and a GTX 1070 instead? I don't feel like I trust AMD to go with the Ryzen 1800x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a gtx 1050 ti would be a starting point match for a 4 core cpu, so as RjL says, the gtx 1080 and 1080ti are overkill. i would opt for the 6 core over the 4 core, and its normally paired with a gtx 1060 gb for premiere pro. a faster video card could be considered if you have specific needs/workflow, like third party gpu accelerated software. also get fast ddr4 memory, like around 3000mhz speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 1080 TI and Premier Pro is super laggy on the timeline when editing 4K. Is this card STILL not supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all probability it is our lack of CPU power or disk system causing your problem.  Have you installed GPU-Z to see your GPU usage?  The GTX 1080 Ti works.but only on GPU accelerated effects and features. Give us details on your computer and more detail onthe media you are processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to provide more detail, let me know what else would be useful.

media is 60 - 100mbs xavc or h.264

two cameras

minmal effects, just basic transitions and speed adjustments.

I will provide more numbers as far as cpu usage and gpu usage once I have a chance. Want to say that CPU usage is around 50% when this is happening. Kind of doubt its cpu bottleneck with latest gen i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it just so happens that I have a good way for you see how well you you really are doing, run my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) and submit the results and the Speccy configuration data. This test using Premiere Pro hardware tests your CPU, GPU and Storage system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines