• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

intel i7 8700k or ryzen 7 2700x for 4k editing?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one should I get? i7 is a bit cheaper here and which will be better for Adobe dynamic link stuff? thx

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be interesting how the 9th generation Intels perform. The I5 9600k seems to be very similiar to the 8700k.

Has anyone practical experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer the question: intel i7 8700k or ryzen 7 2700x for 4k editing?

Neither. Do not edit in 4k.

ERGO: Use proxies @ 1/4 SD quality and watch either processor "rip" through the timeline

###

I feel like anyone using PROXIES in the timeline might agree that Premiere is just as fast as Resolve, FCP, even Avid...

I suspect anyone trying to edit 4k footage without proxies is going to have more concerns than simply the processor...

I use Premiere.

I have an Intel system from Puget

I run 5 monitors

I plan to upgrade to RYZEN simply based off the overwhelming stats available online.

If it sucks, ill just sent it back and pop an Intel back in.

For me, the prospect of editing BMCC 4k RAW files... without proxies... even the mere mention of such a thing - is horrifying.

Some great videos to consider:

Is RYZEN Really Better For Video Editing? - YouTube this video is important. you need to decide what kind of VP you do.

Ask things like "do I need motion tracking? do I need the stabilizer feature? do I use AfterFX in my workflow?"

Yes? then go INTEL,

if no, then RYZEN is the one for you.

3 Months With Ryzen 7 - Was The Switch Worth It? - YouTube

This video is also important to consider

(its good info, however, I suspect there are other factors at play with his 3 month review, such as configs, BIOS and graphics cards)

How to Use Proxies to Edit 4k Video FAST | Adobe Premiere Pro CC Tutorial - YouTube

How to use Proxy Files to Edit SUPER FAST in Premiere Pro! - YouTube

Benchmark

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/3937vs3958

Final thoughts:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-9700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/4030vs4043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines