• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is NVIDIA GeForce MX350 compatible with Adobe Premiere?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to buy a new laptop, seen this one https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-5-a515-56g-15-6-laptop-intel-cor...

which fits all the requirements as stated on adobe's site

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2021.html#gpu-acceleration

apart from the graphics card, it has the 2gb VRAM but isn't on the recommended list 

Is it compatible or should I get something else?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

It will just be significantly slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should get something else:

The MX350 is a gimped GeForce GTX 1050 series laptop GPU with half the memory bandwidth and both hardware decoding and hardware encoding disabled during manufacture. Therefore, you will be forced to use the integrated Intel graphics for QuickSync hardware decoding and encoding, or be permanently locked to software-only decoding and encoding, depending on whether the Intel IGP is enabled or disabled in that laptop.

What's more, the GPU-accelerated rendering performance of the MX350 isn't very good, being marginally faster than a GeForce GT 1030/MX330 but significantly slower than a true GTX 1050 laptop GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay, thank you for your response by the way I really apprectiate it 

So does this mean it wont work at all? Or will it just be slow? Because I'd only be using this to edit smaller projects at home, when doing big ones I'd probably work with an editor and use their software

I just need access to Premiere at home too I don't mind if it's a little slower

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will just be significantly slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay cool, as long as it will work I'm chill

Thanks again for your help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, have you been able to use Premiere with your new laptop ?
I'm using a Acer Swift 3 with the mentioned mx350 graphic card, but Premiere is crashing while during the initialization. I have followed all recommended methods to solve this, but now I'm thinking it could be only a hardware performance issue...
Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the problem lies with the fact that none of the MX series GPUs are compatible with any of the Nvidia Studio Drivers for GeForce GPUs. Only the Game Ready drivers are compatible with the MX-series GPUs. And all Game Ready drivers have known issues in Premiere Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines