Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder is not taking full advantage of my sistem

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! 

I'm seeing that when rendering en media encoder, and also in premiere. the sistem is not working as muchas as it could. 

My CPU, GPU, and RAM Memory are under 30% while rendering a 1hour video in H264. I understand this means my render times should be shorter if using full capabilitie. 

Anotación 2020-07-07 182901.jpg

I have an Intel i7-4790K CPU 

32GB of RAM 

and a GTX 1060 with 6GB 

could there be something wrong in my config? 

thanks!!!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test your computer to find out how well it will work
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-Premiere-Pro-1519/
-Benchmark test program available for Premiere Pro CC2019 and CC2020
https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-cpu-performance-intel-core-10th-gen-vs-am...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Premiere Pro (I mean the point version, not just the year version) of Premiere Pro were you running?

I am asking this because I have recently seen a couple of results with a system very much like yours (CPU, RAM and GPU-wise), albeit with the very first release of Premiere Pro 2020. That system could not even achieve a score of 300 in the Standard preset of the Puget Systems benchmark. And even if the CPU were utilized 100%, do not expect much of an improvement in that score. This is because if you did expect that much of an improvement, then the overall score would have ended up being a ridiculously impossible high score that equals or bests even a new-generation 8-core/16-thread CPU-based PC with the newest high-end GPU.

And I know this because my old i7-4790K, even overclocked to 4.7 GHz, still performed slower than my stock-speed i7-7700 non-K CPU with the same GPU. With 14.0.4 and QuickSync disabled, I achieved a score of only 309 in the Standard preset with the i7-7700. Hence, the 270's score from the 4790K is right where I would have expected, given the circumstances.

And not all workflows max out the CPU or the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines