• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro using Integrated and not Dedicated Graphics Card

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I have a quick, but important question about Premiere Pro CC 2018. It seems that Premiere Pro is using my integrated graphics on my CPU rather than using my installed and working dedicated graphics card to render GPU accelerated effects and such. I am running a fresh install of Windows 10 with the latest updates. I also have a fully updated Creative Suite. Below I have listed my system specs and screenshots for reference to the issue. Notice that under GPU Engine in Task Manager, it lists GPU 0, my integrated graphics. I have also done some research of my own, and I have come across adding the "cuda_supported_cards.txt" into Premiere Pro's installation directory. I have done that, and I have tried both typing "GeForce GTX 1060" and "GeForce GTX 1060 6GB" into the document, but its the same story for both cases: it uses my integrated graphics. The file currently lists "GeForce GTX 1060".

Thank for any and all help,

Ryan

System:

7th Gen Intel i7-7700K Processor (No current overclock)

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

256GB M.2 SSD

2TB 7200 RPM HDD

16GB of 2400MHz DDR4 Memory

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Screenshots (Idle, Premiere Pro loaded and open, not rendering):

idle.PNG

idle 2.PNG

Screenshots (Premiere running, Rendering previews for a project of mine):

render.PNG

render 2.PNG

render 3.PNG

render 4.PNG

render 5.PNG

Text Document:

cuda.PNG

cuda 2.PNG

[Moderator note: moved to best forum for technical issues.]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

We created a video on how to optimize your GPU for Adobe apps here! Take it with a grain of salt, if you have an Intel GPU using QuickSync, you're best off using that GPU for H.264 and HEVC (H.265). 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new post if you are having any problems or need a further explanation. Locking this post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We created a video on how to optimize your GPU for Adobe apps here! Take it with a grain of salt, if you have an Intel GPU using QuickSync, you're best off using that GPU for H.264 and HEVC (H.265). 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the video Still not working in 2021. it's still use CPU for playback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so freaking complex. Depending on the CPU and GPU ... and of course, what effects you use (some effects in PrPro do not involve the GPU at all anyway anytime). Some times what "we" users think should be happening won't be.

And just having a new or spendy CPU doesn't actually tell you ... diddly. As it depends on what features that CPU has and some low-end CPUs have more hardware for H.264 encode/decode than some of the spendy ones. Weirdly enough.

@RjL190365 is the person that can best track and explain this complicated morass.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the same for me. Its also only using the CPU and the integrated ram.

RTX2060 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

Also, if you have a laptop, you may need a 'laptop only' video driver

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. The playback problem was on my side. Not on adobe.
Just dont tick Maximum Bit Depth an Maximum Render Qulity when you're ceating a New Sequence.

SKIDDOW5CD5_0-1630315875533.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one.

In the video the settings are know, but...

In Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 has settings for CUDA: 

- open the project

- File - Project Settings - General

- Video Rendering and Playback - Render: select "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)".

The difference in rendering times between "CUDA" and "OpenCL" for the my project (for video) is 3.5 min CUDA / 28 min OpenCL.

The machine: Lenovo Legion Y520 i5 7300HQ 16GB Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 2GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn’t the answer. Of course we k ow about CUDA Vs Open CL--
Simeon Hendrix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

I was having the same problem and none of the answers mentioned in this thread worked for me. I found out the solution is to remove intel option from Edit > Preferences > Media > H. 264 decoding option.(You need to restart PP after that) Please check the images

Remove-Intel-option.pngGPU-Usage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shalin25924240qznv you are a genius - this did it for me - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Thank you very much. For me its still the same issue but the intel is not available like in the screenshot. There is only nvidea and its checked... Are there any ideas about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines