• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QuickSync is no longer working after installing new DCH graphics driver

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Sync no longer works on computers using Hybrid graphics and latest DCH drivers in Premiere Pro 2020 since Intel UHD driver version newer .8476 (My machine i5 10400, UHD 630, GTX 1060).

Official Intel's answer:

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000035681/graphics.html

So when Premiere Pro will again have Quick Sync works on computers using Hybrid graphics?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

As Maksim stated, the newer drivers completely changed the way the program interacts with Intel QuickSync. Adobe has not yet changed this protocol, resulting in QuickSync now becoming effectively disabled in Premiere Pro with newer Intel drivers. The SDK versions between Premiere and the drivers are not compatible with one another.

You will have to wait for the next MAJOR version of Premiere Pro (version 15.x) in order to even find out whether Adobe had updated the SDK or not. This change, unfor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application developer would need to rebuild their software using the latest Intel® Media SDK (2018R2 or newer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Maksim stated, the newer drivers completely changed the way the program interacts with Intel QuickSync. Adobe has not yet changed this protocol, resulting in QuickSync now becoming effectively disabled in Premiere Pro with newer Intel drivers. The SDK versions between Premiere and the drivers are not compatible with one another.

You will have to wait for the next MAJOR version of Premiere Pro (version 15.x) in order to even find out whether Adobe had updated the SDK or not. This change, unfortunately, will completely break all GPGPU compatibility with CPUs older than Skylake (6th Generation), which themselves are already partially incompatible with currently available versions of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maksim,

Can you try out the latest beta build of Premiere Pro and see if it is working as expected? Let me know if you need help installing it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kevin!
I've tryed latest beta Premiere Pro 14.8.0.34 and latest WHQL driver from Intel .8935 and QuickSync works.

So, there will be working QS in the next stable release of Premiere Pro 14.8 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely, although we won't know when it will be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maksim and RjL190365 for your posts in this and other thread, I have been wondering myself why QuickSync stopped working for me since I fresh-installed Windows 10 version 20H2 which comes with a newer Intel driver.

The .exe installer does not officially support 20H2 (only 2004), so it rejects installation. I downloaded a zipped installation from station-drivers, unpacked the contents and manually installed the driver (graphics\iigd_dch.inf) via device manager. Only tested it with one project so far, but works works fine for me, at least for decode. I only use QuickSync for playback and Nvidia for export. My specs are i7 7700k/Intel HD 630 + GTX1080Ti, Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2, Premiere 14.7.0 (build 23)

The fact that latest beta fixed this is great news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to mention the driver I was talking about is 27.20.100.8476, of course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This was the last Intel driver version that worked in all existing non-beta versions of Premiere Pro. When the finalized 14.8 version becomes available, you will need an Intel driver version newer than that in order to use QuickSync with that version of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the latest Premiere Beta last night which appears to be 15.0.0 Build 17R - to do a Quicksync test

I have Intel 630 Graphics driver 27.20.100.9168 installed on my system (latest). Windows 10 64 bit 2004 version fully up to date.

Both the NVidia and Intel boxes are ticked for decode/encode in Media/Preferences and did restart.

The Intel GPU is at 0% all the time looking at the Task Manager windows. Nvidia 2070 Super at about 70%. CPU at 20%. This was encoding an H264 timeline to H265 Export file.

Question is - have Adobe definitely implemented the new SDK in Release 15 .... if so there is some problem somewhere?.

Has anyone heard the official answer on this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmh ... there is this theory that posting things on the Forum makes it work

Just tried again - with only Intel ticked (both Intel & NVidia ticked last night) and now the Intel GPU has come to life.

See attached snip of GPU's - NVidia GPU at 100% , Intel at about 60%.

Reminder this is Premiere Beta (15.0.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was about to reply, yes, for decoding (playback), with both Nvidia and Intel checked, it picks Nvidia (discrete) over Intel.

For export (encoding), since there's only one checkbox, it picks discrete (Nvidia) if installed, if not, Quicksync (if available).

Personally I still prefer the HD630 for h264 playback, it's just a bit snappier for random scrubbing that Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines