Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendation for my hardware upgrade. Aspiring but amateur video/photo editor

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 19

I am upgrading my desktop and would like recommendations to help my evolution as a amateur video developer and still photo enhancer

Current config

Intel core i5-2400 processor (6M Cache,3.10 GHz)

Ram: 2x8gb 240 pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800)

No graphics card

Boot drive: 2.5 SSD 500 go. Media storage 2.5 SSD 1 tb

Recommendation I have received

CPU: i5-9400 note has integrated graphics

Memory: 16GB (2x 8GB)

Boot Drive/SSD:  500GB (m.2 NVME )

Media drive 2.5 SSD 1tb

My thoughts

Eventual move out of Elements but no cloud in my thinking

Expecting big benefit from m.2 NVME?

Should I go more Ram

1tb boot drive

Media drive size concern   Premiere seems to have a voracious appetite.

Graphics card ?

More not necessarily better so if you can elaborate on what I might experience when editing, using video affects rendering and complex PSD projects would appreciate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Unfortunately, you're stuck. Adobe has ceased development and also EOL'd all of its non-subscription software outside of its Elements line several years ago. Thus, the only way up (Adobe-wise) would be something with "Cloud" in its name.

And a misnomer about Creative Cloud: The software does not actually run from the Cloud itself. In fact, all of the program files are stored and run locally inside your own PC. An Internet connection is required at least once every 30 days to verify that your sub

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, you're stuck. Adobe has ceased development and also EOL'd all of its non-subscription software outside of its Elements line several years ago. Thus, the only way up (Adobe-wise) would be something with "Cloud" in its name.

And a misnomer about Creative Cloud: The software does not actually run from the Cloud itself. In fact, all of the program files are stored and run locally inside your own PC. An Internet connection is required at least once every 30 days to verify that your subscription is still valid. That, plus the ability to store your project files in the cloud, are what put "Cloud" in the program's name although you may choose not to store your project or media files in the cloud.

With that in mind, I would not buy an i5-9400 at this point. It has been superceded by Intel itself with the introduction of its replacement, the i5-10400. The new i5-10400 now has 6 cores and 12 threads (versus only 6 threads in the i5-9400). That makes the i5-9400 not sufficiently faster or more powerful than a 3.5-year-old 4-core/8-thread Kaby Lake 7th-Generation i7 CPU to justify its current street price. And Intel almost never reduces the price of its outgoing CPUs when it introduced its new lineup. In fact, Intel tends to keep the prices of its older stuff at full list price until the day they get discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines