Suddenly Slow Export Times, Very Low CPU and GPU Usage

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really hoping someone can help. Premiere was running like a champ, and now, all of a sudden, exports are taking much, much longer. What previously took 5-8 minutes is now taking > 1 hour. 

 

My specs: 

CPU Ryzen 9 3900X

RAM 64 gb

GPU GeForce RTX 2060

2 SSD drives. 

The weird thing is when it's encoding, the CPU never rises past 10% utilization and the GPU never rises above ~5% or so. I'm encording using h.264. 

 

I've changed every setting I could think of. Software instead of hardware encoding. Switched from performance to memory. I've tried using the media encoder instead of PP, and nothing I do affects this bottleneck. 

And again, this is a recent phenomenon. When I first started using PP on this machine this summer, it was tearing through encodes. Now it's crawling. 

Thank you in advance. 

 

 

Views

95

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro has become increasingly picky about GPU drivers and GPU driver versions of late. You may be using a driver version that has known issues with Premiere Pro.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more