• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The best 4K Premiere Pro Video Editing PC Build for 2020, period. (2,000 USD)

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey users.

I've been editing for (gulp) 20 years. Most of that time on a Mac. But frankly I just got fed up with Apple and Adobe not getting along, so I built a PC, first one since 1998 (double gulp. Link below)

Surprisingly there was no "definitive" answer out there to what type of components would give optimal performance (for the price). It took a lot of research, phone calls, and spreadsheets (yes spreadsheets) but in the end I believe I have cracked the code.

Yes there are faster processors. Yes NVIDIA just came out with the RTX 3080. Does it matter? No. Not really. The bottom line here is that as far as Premiere and AE go, this will handle everything withing 95% efficiencey. After this your money spent is a diminishing return.

I made a quick video breaking down the parts and resons, and a little write up linking to all the components. I'm not sponsored or paid by any of these brands, I'm just an Adobe Premiere user who was sick of choppy playback on a sub-par machine.

https://cineclast.com/2020/09/15/the-best-pc-for-editing-video-on-premiere-pro-period-and-under-2000...

Enjoy and hope it helps!

Rs

TOPICS
CPU , Hardware or GPU , Operating system

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very close to my current system although I have only an 8-core Ryzen 7 3800X CPU. At first I carried over my old GTX 1060 6 GB GPU and only SATA SSDs to the new CPU platform, but I have since upgraded to my current RTX 2060 Super and also added a 500 GB and a 1 TB m.2 PCI-E 3.0 NVMe SSDs to it. Finally, this build, which originally had 32 GB of RAM, got bumped up to its current 64 GB.

And I am using a HyperX tenkeyless mechanical keyboard in my system. I upgraded to a mechanical keyboard after decades of using membrane keyboards that failed my durability tests (keys getting electrically stuck after as little as one year). All of the cheap conventional wired keyboards look like they are mechanical, but underneath the physical keys lies the keyboard mechanism. That's where all of the really cheap keyboards show their weakest points: They are all membrane key switches with rubber domes over the membrane. My keyboard has actual mechanical switches underneath each individual key - and these keys simply cost more money (parts-wise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is going back a few months, but just came across your post and it was exactly what I needed! Very informative and to the point! 

One question though; it seems that the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card is not available anywhere (save for some ridiculously overpriced used ones on eBay). Can you recommend something similar?

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not that exact model, but Amazon has 8Gig MSI for $999 and 6Gig ASUS for $850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines