• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What macbook should I buy for video editing? Macbook pro M1?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My current laptop isn't capable of editing the things I want in premiere pro. For example: my computer keeps crashing when I try to export my project. This is why I want to buy a new macbook. I have been wanting a macbook for years, so I won't go for a windows computer.

I am really impressed with the macbook pro M1 performances, but I heard the M1 macbooks don't really work that good with premiere pro. I know there is a beta version out now. I was very curious if it's worth it to buy a macbook M1 when I want to edit in premiere pro. And if it doesn't work perfect now with premiere pro, are there any chances that it will work really good in the near future? Just a side note: if I buy the macbook pro M1, I will buy the version with 16GB memory and 512GB SSD.

Or is it saver to go with the macbook pro 16", with i7-processor, from 2019?

I really hope that people have some advice for me. 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I wasn't sure where to post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines