• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro is hanging on export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this product, and am paying absolutely way too much to have this app not work correctly. All I'm trying to do is make my videos in compliance with Youtube's stupid compression system. Not only can I not export the videos as anything, but it will work for the first 5% of the process, and then either freeze the whole application, or will just do nothing past that 5%. It's stupid that this "top of the line" editing software is actually the worst editing software I've ever used, and I used to use iMovie.

To be fair though, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I'm just too frustrated to troubleshoot. So here I am. I just want to have a presentable upload for my youtube channel. Is that too much to ask for, Adobe?

I guess so.

(I had to censor out all of my cuss words, and pure unfiltered anger toward this terrible program. Despicable.)

Mod note: title changed to reflect your problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

This is a very simple and straightforward process. From the Export menu, select H.264, then from the preset dropdown select the Youtube preset that matches your frame size:

Screenshot 2019-02-12 21.50.33.png

The software is fine, and performs very well on a professional level for many users. The problem here is your lack of knowledge on how to use it. That's not a slam, and please don't be offended. The learning curve for Premiere is a bit steep, and there are many preferences, settings, and hidden tweaks that can trip up new user

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a program of pro complexity ... designed for primarily manual use by folks who know how. I have only been using it heavily for ... six years now? ... and ... would consider myself a relative noob to those I watch and go ... oh ... my ... wow.

Getting started is hard.

I very strongly recommend getting at least a couple months of a subscription learning service like lynda.com/Linkd-In Learning so you get vetted material ... go completely through two or three different programs on learning how to edit with Pr ... and then start working on your own. It will get you to where you can do something, predictably, in a decent amount of time SO much faster than just banging at the app on your own.

As any complex pro-level app, it hath it's quirks and foibles, some just annoying, others ... a bit past.

Feel free to ask about specific things here though ... that's what we fellow users can help with.

For exporting, you need plenty of free space on the drive you are exporting to ... 4-5 times the expected final file size. Exporting to a file on local disc then manually uploading it works a lot smoother for many people than trying the auto-upload from Pr. And you can also upload in a couple other formats that often hold better image quality after YouTube finishes re-smashing the pixels.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the export as a H.264 which is the primary format for youtube. Bitrate of 11, as that is the rate of my capture card. I tried uploading the video to youtube before putting it through premiere, and the quality of the video was abysmal to say the least. I've never had any issue exporting videos over 40 minutes before, as I originally subscribed because I also do a video intensive podcast. The last episode of which was published months ago. So between when that video was published and now, there seems to have been a few updates that have now broken this feature for me. Y'know, the most important feature of this whole program. Pretty terrible, honestly. I think the fault of this program, and really any other Adobe program, is that it's a bit too complex for it to be functional. I don't want to have to read a whole book just to understand one feature, you feel me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very simple and straightforward process. From the Export menu, select H.264, then from the preset dropdown select the Youtube preset that matches your frame size:

Screenshot 2019-02-12 21.50.33.png

The software is fine, and performs very well on a professional level for many users. The problem here is your lack of knowledge on how to use it. That's not a slam, and please don't be offended. The learning curve for Premiere is a bit steep, and there are many preferences, settings, and hidden tweaks that can trip up new users who don't know where to look. If you're going to spend the money on the software then you owe it to yourself to get the training to make the full use of your investment. There are many mini tutorials on the Adobe site, some good lessons on Youtube and really great courses on Lynda.com. It's not perfect, but no editing software is. Once you understand what the software is doing and why, you can appreciate what it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand  ... but even for the one area, I'd still say go through the relevant parts of 2-3 different lynda.com tutorials series. Realistically it will save you time.

There are those here who recommend uploading to YouTube in DNxHD/R I think it is.

Jim Simon  ... I think you have thoughts on this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited with Adobe Premiere since 1991.  I always take advantage of the numerous tutorials found on the Internet.  The Forum is a great source for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was the version of Adobe that I was using. 12.2.2 I installed version 12.0.0, and that went fine. The update broke that functionality, so I'll never update this application ever again. I had all of the settings set just fine. H.264, Youtube 1080p. I knew how to do that already. The actual program wasn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh. I'm on 13.0. ... something. And working fine. But some rigs haven't loved it too much.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DarkAsylan  wrote

The problem was the version of Adobe that I was using. 12.2.2 I installed version 12.0.0, and that went fine. The update broke that functionality, so I'll never update this application ever again. I had all of the settings set just fine. H.264, Youtube 1080p. I knew how to do that already. The actual program wasn't working.

There was no 12.2.2; CC18 stopped at 12.1.2. And I'm still trying to figure out what was "broken" -- is it just that you had export issues, or that your export presets are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the link below.  Use it as a guide to post up the details of your situation.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am as noob as it gets. Just recently started helping a friend(also ignorant in the world of NLE) create vfx animations and X-sports compositions. I have been extremely surprised by how far I have progressed in a short time. The extensive amount of learning material and plugins from RG, newton3, etc has helped me over every wall I have hit so far. I will admit I have spent more time researching issues than actually tackling them. It can be pain staking at times. I just sit down relax, do some breathing techniques and dive in to tutorials. For someone with no education in the feild, it is a wonderful asset to have so much knowledge available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines