• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you happy using Adobe, Blender, Autodesk or some other manufacturer to make an animated cartoon?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I search, the more I see a lot of customers who are dissatisfied with any or all 3 of the above brands. Which one would you use to make a YouTube animated cartoon about a rock band? Or what product made by Adobe, Blender, or Autodesk do you recommend? None of them?Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$55-a-month is serious. Is it easy to use? I mean, the defunct Windows 10 Photo's "video editor" was very easy to use, and now it's gone. If I pay $55 each month, one month at a time, will I own the intellectual property rights to everything and anything I use from Adobe.com? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@uh doh bee 

Yes, content created using any Adobe software is owned by the content creator and not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am very happy using Adobe.

Since you included Blender Foundation (the publisher of Blender) and Autodesk, I'm guessing that the YouTube animated cartoon about the rock band is going to be 3d rather than 2d.

Here's an overview of software that can be used for producing a full season of an animated 3d cartoon:

• Production budgets can be done in Microsoft Excel or Entertainment Partners Movie Magic Budgeting.
  • Scripts can be written in Final Draft.
  • Storyboards can be drawn in Toon Boom Animation Storyboard Pro, Adobe Animate, Adobe Photoshop, or CELSYS Clip Studio Paint.
  • Dialog recording and sweetening can be done in Avid Pro Tools or Adobe Audition.
  • Rough cuts can be assembled in Toon Boom Animation Storyboard Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, or Avid Media Composer.
  • 3D characters can be created in Maxon Cinema4D, Autodesk Maya, Maxon ZBrush, or McNeel Rhinoceros, but there are quite a few options for conception, modeling, texturing, rigging and skiing, and animation.
  • 3D environments can be created in Maxon Cinema4D or Autodesk Maya but like 3d characters, there are quite a few options.
  • 3D scenes based on the rough cuts can be animated in Maxon Cinema 4D or Autodesk Maya but like the 3d characters and 3d environments, there are quite a few options.
  • Custom textures for 3d models can be created in Adobe Photoshop.
  • Several 3D scenes may go to Adobe After Effects for visual effects and/or 3d finishing.
  • 3D scenes are likely to be assembled in Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer.
  • The score for the fine cut can be mixed in Apple Logic Pro, Steinberg Cubase Pro, or Ableton Live.
  • The sound mix of the fine cut can be done in Avid ProTools with stems being imported back into Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer.
  • Review and approval can be done with Adobe FrameIO.
  • The edited full-resolution file can be exported from either Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer with audio channels configured based on distribution requirements (for YouTube, this would be a stereo mix).
  • If not delivering a ProRes or DNx full-resolution file (MOV or MXF), encoding to a delivery format like H264 or HEVC might use Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Media Encoder, or Telestream ContentAgent.  YouTube accepts ProRes.  Unless the upload bandwidth speed is limited, use ProRes for YouTube delivery.
  • Subtitles for the edited full-resolution file can be done in Telestream Captionmaker or Adobe Premiere Pro.  YouTube's automatic live captioning should not be used and YouTube encourages "creators to add professional captions first".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines