• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio dropping out - It's actually more than a bug, it's a design flaw

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading all of these posts, and having had the same issue, which now I can solve, and re-create as will by simply separating the project files from the media drive, I have an faily good idea about the cause. There is a flaw in the software design regarding how it interleaves the audio with the video files. It gives a log of priority to running the video without interruption. This causes an audio buffer underrun. This is why it will play audio longer before dropping out after you increace the buffer size. Still, there is no buffer large enough to hold all of hte audio your timelines need to play.

Yes, this is bug in the program. It's actually more than a bug, it's a design flaw. There is too much code running between the time Premiere serves a frame of video, and it finds the audio for that frame. They way they designed the program to maintain sync, requires it to drop the audio lest it run behind the video.

This can be fixed, but it will require Adobe's software engineers to fix it. Seeing how many years have passed with no actions from Adobe, I wouldn't hold my breath. I would recommend switching to AVID. Adobe either does not care to fix it, or does not know how.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that rending the timeline using (in / out) render has helped. But this just takes too long. 

This is ridiculous on adobe's behalf. I'm considering switching to De Vinci Resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you look at all these 'solutions' above and think why is any of this necessary? It should just work within the confines of your system's capacity. Film is an audiovisual medium - how can you edit without stable audio playback? It should be an absoulute findamental of any NLE. But in Premiere it doesn't work and has got no better over the various iterations since the start of this thread (2014). I gave up in frustration last night as it was simply dropping audio tracks and bits of audio tracks, randomly every few seconds. It's ludicrous basically - the programme fails in one of its most fundamnetal, basic and important functions i.e. to play back an audiovisual timeline smoothly and consistently. How can Adobe have ignored this issue all these years yet bring out an often pointless update year on year (CC2018, 2019, 2020 blah blah)? 

Your explanation is interesting and may well be right but again, it is the veil of mystery as to why this is happening that is also frustrating as you don't even know what to do to mitigate it. This is becasue Adobe refuse to ackowledge the problem (a nice case of administrative silnce being the chosen policy to ward off flack) yet Adobe must know what the problem is (if they don't, their programmers are incompetent) and choose to do nothing, yet charge for their 'license' every year. Someone should sue them really for breaching the trades description act (UK) as their product does not do one of the most basic things it says it does - play an edited audiovisual sequence correctly - that you pay for in good faith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great opinions. Let's head to the lounge.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Coming back to this after a couple of years. I can confirm that what Duncan McEwan says above is correct and seperating the files as he describes does solve the problem (unless of course a user has a different problme as well) and it worked for me. I do not find it very convenient though as what you really want is to have all your materials in one place and also not to clog up you hard drive with previews. And what is still really frustrating is Adobe do not acknowledge the problem and do not advise users to do this because presumably they would then have to admit their software has a fundamental design flaw which presumably they are never going to fix. 

How do software companied get away with this crap? I mean Adobe are hardly alone in their silence and programming flaws that never get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines