Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera

People's Champ ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a call from a shooter yesterday saying he plans to get

one of these cameras (because he can use the lenses from his 16mm).

He was asking for my opinion, and I couldn't offer one.

Does anyone have any direct experience with this camera?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/964117-REG/blackmagic_design_blackmagic_pocket_cinema_camera.h...

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 136 Replies 136
Guide ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k, thanks.. I checked out that stuff too sorta... and some online tutorial stuff..

hmmmm....I guess when you get your stuff to edit it's already at least color corrected kinda 'basically'... like for dailies etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes... if it's a colorist supervised xfer session.

More often I will get 'best light' xfers, or DSLR.

But, I am still working as I did in CS5...

essentially an offline cut in Pr, DL to Ae for finishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm.. okay, thanks !

stupid DL to speedgrade is buggy..new thing in cc 'promised' is direct link instead..the usual adobe bull about features for that which will actually 'work' ...think I'll try the dpx route..with transitions etc...so basically take the chance of making a single video render from multiple ...

Just save the original junk in Ppro if I have to step back and do over...

hmmm....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you happen to have any advice on where to learn more about color grading in general, I would like to study up on it a bit before the new Speedgrade feature is available. There are lots of places to look, but if you could narrow it down, it would be great.

I can see the difference between graded footage and straight out of the camera, but there must be some commonly used terms and concepts that experts use to describe what needs to be done. I can see the difference, but I am not sure I will know what it is I want to do without having a frame of reference. A little education might go a long way.

I mean, what  the heck, if it is going to be relatively easy to take it into Speedgrade, I might as well learn to make the best use of it.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexis Van Hurkman, Color Correction Handbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the table of contents, that looks to be exactly what I am looking for. Thanks.

It looks like he covers the basics pretty well before moving on to the advanced topics. I can see why it was the best selling book in the NAB bookstore two years running. It is rather expensive, so I am inclined to wait until Novermber for the 2nd version to be released. Maybe. If I have a project in October than needs Speedgrade, I may just bite the bullet and pay the money.

I appreciate the information. There are a variety of holes in my education, and color correction is a rather large one.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool book.. I've seen that here in forums before.. will order it...

anyone know a place in US I can call on phone to order instead of using internet like amazon ?

my browser is too old to log into amazon to order online and my computer is messed up ... cant upgrade browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser? I ask because my work laptop is old and IE can't be upgraded. But I am able to use Firefox for those sites that require something more modern.

I checked the publisher's site and it uses Amazon apparently.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for checking Steve.. re: browser I've already gone through all that stuff..

barnes and noble only has the pre order available for new edition.. grrrrr....

I gotta order some stuff from B&H when they open.. so I'll ask if they have the book and maybe its not on their website..

meantime will keep searching around...for place with a phone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my book search.. I ran across this ...

AP  9/25/13

New York

The publishers of 'Green Eggs And Ham' have filed a defamation suit and Copyright infringement suit against Ted Cruz and The United States Senate.  In a statement the publisher declared, " We don't want our literature used in that monkey house as entertainment or educational purposes without permissions. It degrades our product to be associated with the Senate's level in the scheme of higher education and rational thought. "

Apparently the Senator is unaware of Copyright laws. He (Senator Cruz) is also incapable of writing his own material to address the Senate but that remediation is not the aim of the lawsuits. Nobody cares about those guys anymore so their education ( or lack of ) has no bearing on the real world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Texan, I am embarrassed by his pointless, self promoting antics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

heh...I'm sure he has done and will continue to do some really good things in his position(s). I am not serious when I write stupid criticisms .. its just joking around. If you REALLY wanna get embarrassed move to NY ( become resident ). NOW YOUR TALKIN embarrassing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines