Calling all Premiere CC users! Premiere pro is quickly becoming unreliable and more unstable.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off I want to point out I have been an Adobe Premiere user since 1999. I want to give adobe credit for releasing the cloud subscription because it brings its products to the masses. That is the good here is the bad. I have noticed a huge increase in frequent crashing explicitly in Premier pro. We all appreciate the updates. But Adobe! You need to start releasing “stable” versions of your software. There is nothing worse than updating Premier and then experiencing 3rd party plugins missing and once working projects start crashing. I always wait till the project is finished before I update. But… when a client wants a change months later I must troubleshoot deleting media cash resetting preferences reinstalling plugins and so on its ridiculous. I can understand a 1 year old project but not 1 month old projects. It’s to the point I will most likely need to look for other editing solutions that you have not monopolized on. I know I am only one person and you probably don’t care, but the more people it affects and believe me it is not just me you can bet people will start to jump ship. Remember when this happens you did it to yourself Adobe. I suggest you start not using your users as beta testers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to communicate to the program team, then use the new UserVoice bug/feature system ...

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Anything posted there goes directly to the engineers, and is also searchable for anyone else looking for similar problems/ideas.

Past that, it also gets put on the collated list sent to the upper managers.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have specific troubleshooting questions, let us know what they are. Otherwise. make your complaints known to the product team on User Voice. Sorry for the frustration.

Premiere Pro: Hot (3993 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I suggest Adobe setup a test team to truly test your applications. Every time I report a bug it takes 2 to 4 hrs. If I report every single bug I would have zero time to complete projects. That’s right your software has become that buggy, unless you pay me to find bugs full time I can’t keep reporting them. Next time I find a bug I am just going to post them on YouTube for everone and send you guys the link.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr does have a team of beta-testers, like any other app. No idea how big it is because it's kept under wraps. But it's there.

This app is it seems the NLE that is used across the widest array of gear and media out there. User-base figures are rather high compared to any other pro NLE. For example, FPCx is only usable on Mac's, with that very tightly controlled and tiny range of gear that Apple has produced in the last few years. Resolve and Avid also have far fewer users. Most of them on carefully built video-post processing rigs. (As you probably are.)

And for all it's sins, Pr is supposed to try to work with nearly any footage out there, which no one else really tries. At NAB last year there were a lot of Pr users who also use other apps talking about maybe Adobe should back off the "we work on anything on anything" pledge and limit both the hardware and the media that is guaranteed to work, and make sure it is stable on only that hardware and that media. Anything else, try ... but the user is on their own.

I don't know what to think of that ... it would mean more stability probably. Maybe it's worth a thought.

You're clearly an experienced user, and ... I understand the frustrations. I've been there also, with one version a couple years back that simply would not run on my machine until they were two updates into it. But I kept working in the previous one, of course. And ... voicing a bit of impatience now and then. Very regularly "now and then" ...

Most of the engineers are also editors either professionally or for the joy of it, and pretty dang good. And they do take pride in their work. From talking with them at NAB, they get as frustrated as anyone when they can't nail something down. There was one Mac-only bug a couple years back had a lot of users saying clearly the engineers had no idea of working with Macs.

Well ... actually ... while they all do work cross-platform, the engineers are mostly Mac-folks on their own gear. But they couldn't repro the problem on any Mac they had access to. When you can't repro, it's darn hard to figure out what the hay is going on.

Which of course does suggest that perhaps at some point in their cycle a larger beta group might be useful. At least, to us users, it seems so. But being as we don't have a clue how many, well ... that's just a wild guess.

Hope they get this sorted.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am very disillusioned and disappointed in Adobe's lack to fix their own projects. The captioning system in CC 2020 is abysmal. It constantly crashes on me. It's laggy, I don't know how many times per day I get "sorry premiere pro encountered a critical error" but it's more than five times a day. For work, I'm tired of being slowed down by their system and I have been using premiere pro since 2009. It used to be stable. It used to work. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have already started new projects using Resolve and will discontinue use of all Adobe CC applications when our last Premiere-based project is done in a few months. Adobe has not shown that they are serious about fixing bugs or testing new releases adequately. We are simply tired of spending so much time trying to resolve technical glitches and hoping that Adobe will address them rather than focusing on our work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping that Resolve works better for you than Premiere has. Although ... I spend a lot of my time with colorists mostly based in Resolve. I know of shops that never found a single 15.x version of R stable in their shop, so ... they went from the last 14.x version to maybe 16.1.

And others, like me, who were stable all along.

I've also seen the massive bug lists on LGG and other places for heavy R users. Because that app is also being designed to do more things on a wider array of computing gear than before, and so ... it is also hitting issues the developers simply can't predict before the thing ships.

These are complex apps, and things even interact with other apps in the background in ways that obvioulsly vary machine to machine. Just glad I'm not an engineer.

Many of my colorist acquaintances are saddened or disturbed by R becoming an equivalent to the Adobe suite. As ... well ... colorist needs just aren't top priority for fixes anymore. They're just part of a larger group, including a TON of quasi-pro users that BM is marketing to. Who probably already outnumber the pro colorist users significantly.

Things change. And not always in ways that I prefer.

But always remember ... these apps are just hammers. Tools. Fancy hammers, ok ... but ... just hammers.

Use what works to get your stuff out the door to the nice clients who pay your bills.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wmudge,

Please take a look at the system requirements and make sure you are adhering to them. They have been increased recently, so those borderline and poorer performing systems might not be working as well as others. 

If you have specific issues, please let us know so that we can assist you better.

Thank You,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out today's 14.0.2 update.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've checked out this update but I'm still having terrible captioning problems and the lag is ungodly. I'm still using 2018 for the bulk of my work but when I get a CC 2020 Premiere file from clients an contractors I get filled with existential dread because I know YOUR product doesn't work anymore without huge hang-ups. It's just too unstable. In conclusion, I'm done and my company and I are switching to a better NLA editor after our projects slow down around Christmas/the new year. Don’t get me wrong I will be sad to see you go and I desperately want you to get back to when you had stable programs, but as echoed above, I'd like to get work done instead of needing to problem solve and waste time with Premier's ever-growing glitches. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines