• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could you be my mentor?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might seem like an odd thing to ask for, but I am genuinely looking for someone who is experienced in editing to kind of take me under his/her wing to give me some guidelines on what editing techniques and principles that are the most important to work on to become a great editor.

A little about me:  I am 29 years old, I live in Oslo, Norway. I have a bachelors degree in Japanese, but I have been working at an elementary school for the last 2 years while also working at my local radio station. I love film and video games, and I used to be a professional breakdancer. Now I am interested in becoming a really good editor because working within content creation has been a dream I've wanted to pursue for a long time now.

I have been experiencing a lot of self-doubt and a feeling of being lost and lonely as I have started this path to becoming a great content creator, and what I really want is someone who is more experienced than me to be my mentor. I don't expect or want you to be a private tutor, rather be a person that will guide me in the right direction for becoming good in this field. There are tons of tutorials online, but I dont know what I should be focusing on.

In general I'm just looking for someone that I can talk to on a regular basis and show my progress to and get feedback from and someone that will push me and inspire me.

I appreciate any replies to this post. I'm just a regular guy trying to get better at premiere, don't be shy

- Tage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone posting with you should stick to anonymous names, no personal identifiable information, throw away email accounts used just for spam,no skype whatsoever. Working outside the wire, so to speak can be dangerous for either party. I hope this mitigates anything down the road as there have been attempts for phishing here before. Sorry, that's just the world we live in now. Besides, keeping it public, keeps the critters away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sucks that those things occur a lot on the internet. I guess messaging via profiles coud be a good anonymous way to get in touch rather than exchanging information publicly. I wouldn't want to do that myself either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat dated now, but still may have links that will help you learn

CS5-thru-CC PPro/Encore tutorial list http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1448923

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of toppic: moved to video lounge.

This guy is from Norway also PremierePro.net - discover the cool stuff in Premiere Pro

Might want to give him an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines