• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash Report: Food For Thought

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that Adobe makes a killing selling monthly software subscriptions and the promise of constant updates helps to justify this. I get it. 

But WHY am I paying a monthly premium to get a different set of bugs every single update? Why not aspire to create a piece of software that is relatively stable? At least in the past I had a sense for the certain little nuances that may trigger a crash and I could save accordingly, now it's like some kinda twisted game of roulette every click.

This most recent update is awful, but my subscription cost hits my bank account each month without fail. 

End rant. No follow up necessary. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've all been there, welcome to the club! What you wrote is nothing near as ... um ... pointed ... as a few rants I've posted here at times.

On my desktop and laptop, the last few dot releases have been totally stable, as they are for the vast majority of users. And yet, there are a few like you who are simply getting total crap performance. And considering how massive the total user base is, a 'few' is still capable of being a significant number.

When Patrick Palmer took over a couple years back, his first step was hiring a supervisor for stability, a position they've never had. The guy completely rebuilt all their internal processes so they do get after bugs & stability issues far more quickly than they used to. I've talked with a number of the engineers, and they are very pleased with the new process. Especially the way any internal comment about "there might be a problem here" is taken seriously immediately.

So off the bat a year back or so, they banged out a ton of things that had been there for several years. Which was awesome.

But at the same time, they started going through the app and rewriting base code to modernize. Which was needed ... but ... in the changing to modern or something, there's been some issues that have popped up that are dang hard to trace. That's why they started the public beta, to get test results out on a lot more machines than their private beta could include.

For us volunteers, with a "nice,  known, and stable base of bugs & workflow problems" to help users with, it used to be a lot easier in some ways to "work" here. We knew the main problems and the fixes/workarounds. But with those mostly fixed, the remaining issues are often beyond what we can puzzle out.

So really, do file this sort of thing over on their UserVoice system as the engineers do see those as they are all logged into their system "by hand". Also, they do pay close attention to the public beta. If you install the public beta, and it does the same thing ... you can post on that forum also.

More data is more better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bet I can fix your issue if you lay down some info for us. You probably need to make some adjustments in your workflow. I can make Premiere Pro run without crashing, etc., on macOS, so should you.

I am sorry you're having problems, but it sounds like you don't actually want help. If you do, let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to not have unexpected crashes. What information can I provide you with, Kevin? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

System info. Media info. OS info. For a start.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines