• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DaVinci Resolve 14

Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have download the free version of DaVinci Resolve 14 to compare it to Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.  The main feature missing for me is the ability to List View Sort.  When I have many video clips, I need this feature.  There are also many features that Resolve does not have.  Perhaps, the $299 program has more of the features of Premiere.  Jim Simon, a long time contributor to this forum has switched to Resolve.  Sorry to see him go.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Video Lounge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon has not left, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a color tool, Resolve is king.  An an NLE, it's still a bit behind the curve.  There are many things I miss from Premiere Pro when working in Resolve and am constantly 'harassing' the folks on the Resolve forum about them.

But the one thing I miss in Premiere Pro that I have in Resolve is the ability to work with my camera's media (CinemaDNG).  That's a pretty important feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more impressions of DaVinci Resolve 14.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm half way through the official User Guide.  The more I learn, the more I like...and the more I see room for improvement.

The difference is that Blackmagic is advancing towards NLE parity much faster than Adobe is towards Color parity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be using Premiere Pro CC 2018 to edit and Encore CS6 to create DVD's and Blu-ray discs.  Davinci Resolve does not have MPEG2-DVD or H.264 Blu-ray encoding feature.  Resolve will be used for creating videos for uploading to Vimeo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a third party application to encode all my videos anyway.  I have for years.  So for me, this isn't a deciding factor.

Besides, you can always export out a Cineform Master from Resolve and use AME to encode the DVD or Blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has to realize competition is out there. Premiere Pro is getting buggier and buggier while Resolve is getting more and more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always wait before updating or upgrading.  I check the Adobe Premiere Forum for bug reports.  I am experimenting with the latest free version of Davinci Resolve(14.3).  It cannot play back 4k video files.  Premiere plays these same files without stuttering.  However, Resolve has a feature called Generate Optimized Media.  I am able to do some scrubbing of the Timeline.  I contacted the technical support for Resolve and they said that the free version does not play 4k, but the paid version does. Has anyone purchased this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines