• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DEAR ADOBE - you just cost me $40k

Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a 100% Functional PIPELINE making high quality videos for over a Decade using your suite..

Now I'm dealing with a major blow to my services because of your severe lack of testing software prior to launching.
I just lost $40k on a project due to your incompetent version of the latest PREMIERE constantly crashing and for random reasons only to be assured from your TECH SUPPORT "It's not a problem.." 

Guess what? When you miss a deadline.. Clients Don't care - They just demand RESULTS.

Hundreds of Projects I have delivered and this is the first time this has happened due to overly abundant bugs.

At this point, I would rather deal with my EX wife than to OPEN a new PROJECT in PREMIERE.. or even just gamble in Vegas at a high stakes table..

The work around's from Tech Support in your India offices are pathetic and just more band-aids on top of more Band-aids..

Reluctantly - I am forced to find MORE RELIABLE Editing software after being a PREM user for nearly 20+ years..

that's right.. ever since 5.0 and exporting videos out at 640x480 HI RES..

I have been your biggest fan for 2 decades sticking up to all those FCP users and showing them that PREMpro is the way to go..

and you've really stabbed me in the back.. Now I'm just embarrassed to even say I still use it thanks to your lack of responsible version launches..

What happened?!!! It used to be sooo good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIMguy,

You’re posting on a community forum where we try to help each other with specific problems. This isn’t Adobe Tech Support (at least on this forum).

Is there a specific question here with which we might be able to try and help you solve something in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm well aware Buck of what I posted and where thanks..
Tech Support already has handled 3 issues today alone and it required me to downgrade versions to 12.0.1 until the next round of fixes comes out in a few weeks ( per tech support today

I posted so that Adobe and all of users can see the transparency and we push them for better quality control before launching as it can cost us users alot of money as we need reliability to perform for clients.

There are MAJOR audio bugs in the latest version and they know it.. so they recommend 12.0.1 ( Build 69) until they get things fixed.
All the best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, we all understand this kind of frustration. And anyone using it for any length of time has been hit by bugs.

That said ... it sounds like you upgraded and started into a project without testing it first. I've had generally very good service from PrPro and the othe Adobe video apps, BUT I've had a version or two that wouldn't work on my gear until a fix was released some time later.

So I've always 1) kept current projects in their own version if at all possible and 2) NEVER updated without keeping prior versions installed. Or I'd have been bitten like this.

Sympathies  ... and whether you stay using PrPro or any other NLE, always test first! Take care of yourself and the nice clients.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but no sympathy from me.

You should never change a fully working install on a PC whilst it contains live and valuable projects.

You should also never update any software without first fully backing up your boot drive.

Then whinging at Adobe on a support forum does nothing but vent your frustrations on others.

Adobe has been very poor at updating their software for the 25 years that I have been using it.

The good thing today is that there are very many alternatives available that does the editing to a satisfactory level and they simply do not cost what CC products costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines