• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developing burning an painful feeling at the back and base of the neck.

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this be a fair and relevant topic for the Video lounge?

I thought so because I'm sure many of you spent more time than I do in front of your screen/s doing work or trying to fix things. I wonder how many of you have this problem.

I'm about 50cm from my two 19" screens, my chair is set at its lowest my eyes are level with the top 1/4 of the screen when  I sit straight (This is not the best but the screens are touching the top of my desk unit so can't go any higher

A mate of mine told me to put 4 bricks, one on each corner of my desk! 

I will have to do more than talking about it, but sometimes sharing situations brings positive results from others' experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An associate in our joint venture uses a standing desk when at the studio, and for some time of the day that would be better for me. But ... with a bad right foot, torn up left knee, left hip never particularly a great one and back damage (from being stupid enough to have played high-school football, though the injury didn't manifest till some years later) to the left sciatic nerve, I can't just stand for too long either.

But wow ... it was easier on the body when we didn't have computers but had photo-lab equipment. Whether shooting or working in the lab we were up and moving all the time. Much better for the body ... sigh ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

When my wife had her first hip replacement surgery, we sort of rigged up a stand for her laptop on the bed, to allow her to almost fully recline, and still function. She then had me move the FAX machine to the night stand, and that was when I put my foot down - no more work from bed, until the Dr. gives you a pass to go back to the office.

For the second hip, she waited until her Dr. left town (so he could not fuss at her), then snuck back into the office two weeks early. [Sigh]

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, a stubborn, independant woman. What a novelty!

i am married to one like that also. As much trouble as they might be, it's worth it.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was thinking of something like this but with a hinge arrangement to hold the keyboard/trackball/tablet and one to hold the monitors. But I would want it to also recline or sit up. Preferably motorized.

http://www.inmod.com/retmodeggpod.html#.UvW1A_ldVF4

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines